Itâ€™s that time of year again. Have you made your resolutions for 2007?
Â According to a Sky News poll this morning, 72% of you arenâ€™t even going to bother this year – or so you say. So what are the remaining 28% setting their sights on for ’07?
Seems like itâ€™s the same as it ever was. Lose weight!
43things.com is a place where you can lay bare your goals and aspirations. â€œLose weightâ€ is the number one resolution for 2007 â€“Â for around 17,000 desperate souls at 43things.com. Another 10,000 are more specific about how much weight they want to lose ranging from 10 to 50lb (4.5 to 23kg). About 1500 just want “loose weight.”Â Maybe learning to spell should be their number one goal (not that I can talk).
Seems like all they need to do is â€œstop procrastinatingâ€ (number 2) and â€œdrink more waterâ€ (number 6). â€œExercise regularlyâ€ squeaks into the top 20, but â€œEat Healthierâ€ is a lowly number 22.
Of course, the name of the game is fat loss, not weight loss, but that just makes it sound like a real problem.
Scarier still is that almost everyone knows what needs to be done. Nothing much has changed over the last few years and Lou Schuler’s second to last article at Mens Health in 2004 stands the test of time. Read it, even if itâ€™s just to remind yourself of what you already know.
Lou Schulerâ€™s latest book is the â€œThe New Rules of Liftingâ€ co-written with Alwyn Cosgrove.