ZMA

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Anybody here actualy used this stuff?
    I only stumbled across it while looking for something to help me sleep and found that it seems, or at least lays claim to having other benefits – google it – It seems pretty cheap so I might just take one for the team anyway and see how it goes.

And if anyone would like to chime in with some homespun sleep remedies, Im all ears.

February 10, 2009 at 12:48 am #7741

The Zinc part of the ZMA is to replenish zinc lost during workouts. Some kind of fatigue sets in if its not specially replaced. The other parts of ZMA – magnesium and some other act as support for the zinc. It definitely aids with better sleep, and is a worthwhile supp’ for long term weight lifting. Just work out how much suits your needs, without overdosing, as zinc & magnesium are minerals and its a bit dodgy to overdose on. DA

February 11, 2009 at 2:40 am #7742

It’s going to be hard to overdose ZMA since magnesium is a rather effective laxative. If you take too much you will know about it.

February 11, 2009 at 2:03 pm #7743

bongs….. 😆
    You cant get a herbal supp called sleep aid or sleep plus by natures own my gf used to take them they worked pretty well. There’s also one called insomnia but dunno about that one.

February 12, 2009 at 3:58 am #7744

When the Original ZMA first came out in the early 90s it worked and worked well because Victor Conte (the inventor) was lacing it with….”less than kosher” ingredients….

I take it as part of my tribulis stack (it has trib, tongkat and ZMA in the one formula). It surely cant hurt to take it. Depends on how much $$$ you’re willing to spend on your supplements.

I get each bottle for $7.99 so its worth it for me esp when dieting.

February 12, 2009 at 6:00 am #7745

@JoeBlo wrote:

bongs….. 😆

I high five that! 😆

March 11, 2009 at 12:13 pm #7746

what is zma is it only a patented formular of zinc and magnesium could u use Zinc Gluconate or Zinc L-Aspartate witch costs around 22 dollars for 500g from a good supp wholeseller and Magnesium Citrate or Magnesium Gluconateat 18 dollars aud at 500 grams really the question is zma just minerals with a patent and colour full packaging whats the difference plz

March 11, 2009 at 11:00 pm #7747

Believe it is supposed to be about asporbtion either maximal or speed.

May 20, 2009 at 4:39 am #7748

Zinc has shown(according to charles poliquin) to help with guys who have the dreaded man tits. Im not talking full on gyno just guys who have a tendency to store fat in the chest area.

I get mine from my local chiro.Its called zinc drink.Its about $15. The key is u put a dab on your tongue and it tastes like ass then u do not need it.On the other hand if u taste nothing then u need to start supplementing with it.

Also helps if u suffer from mouth ulcers.Trust me this is how i originally found out about zinc.Its great stuff

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.