Why are Australian Customs such a**holes to deal with

Home / Forums / All the Goss / Why are Australian Customs such a**holes to deal with

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Ok.. so I’m trying to import a legal supplement from the USA (7-keto). You can even buy it off the shelf here but it’s like 10x the price. No really, it is.

Anyway, so I ordered some from bb.com via fedex and it’s been siezed. After arguing with Customs and Fedex until I was blue in the face, I finally called the Theraputic Goods Administration (TGA) and they are like, umm yes, you can import that – it’s legal here.

So I call Fedex back and they say they’ll follow it up with Customs again armed with this new info. Low and behold the next day customs email them back and say… it’s banned !

So now the shipment is on its way back to the USA.

So frustrating and there’s nothing I can do about it is there??

[end of my crazed rant]

May 21, 2007 at 10:00 pm #4371

1) There has been a real crackdown by customs in the last couple of years. Partly due to the growth of ebay were they’re going after GST.

2) If stuff is sent by post there is a chance that it will go straight through although not as high as in the old days. With Fedex everything is vetted by customs.

3) Importing a box with bb.com all over it is just asking for trouble.

4) You’re not alone. I’ve heard stories of customs stopping protein powder from bb.com.

5) Buy Aussie 🙂 Okay, that doesn’t help in all cases. Check with customs before importing. If possible get there response in writing (eg. ask by email).

May 23, 2007 at 1:37 am #4372

all 7-keto will do is help with digestion. i dont know how that would translate to an increased metabolism, but ive never used the stuff. So i cant judge.

Just use the right foods.

May 23, 2007 at 1:39 am #4373

oh and nobodies mentioned it but

LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO RAMBO!

bastards..my ex gf works for them…bitches

May 23, 2007 at 6:40 am #4374

DR J:

I might add from my own personal expirences, that ive had 0 problems with bb.com via customs or anything out of australia for that matter.

yes. that includes fatburners and “growth” supplements.

May 28, 2007 at 6:45 am #4375

Just a follow up to my original post and for the benifit of anybody else who tries to bring in 7-keto, here is the reply from the TMU stating that it is legal to import and details of who to contact if there’s any problems:

From: Richard.Lockett @ health.gov.au on behalf of TMU @ health.gov.au

Hello Geoff

I have been forwarded your email enquiry by the TGA Information Officer regarding 7-keto DHEA rejected by customs during import.

FYI (For Your Information)

We have provided Customs with a statement about 7-keto that state the following.

We advised them that 7-keto DHEA does not need to be subject to the import controls of the Customs Prohibited Imports Regulation 1956, Regulations 5h, item 3c.

Any goods containg 7-keto DHEA that are currently being held by Australian Customs Service (ACS) can now be released. We advise that you have received this advise from our office, and contact you local customs offical to realise the substance.

I trust that you find this information of assistance.

Kind Regards

tmu – team

May 28, 2007 at 7:25 am #4376

All’s cool then.
    Well done.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.