what should i eat?

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / what should i eat?

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

hey guys

ive been training for about 3 weeks now and can notice some difference in my body. i am 6’2, 88kgs and 20 years old. i have been using a homegym and my routine was kinda all over the shop. i am now going to try the 8×8 routine. i wanna build my muscle but also at the same time be really toned. can anyone suggest a diet that would maximise my growth? do supplements really help definition and growth?

im working the arms+shoulders monday and thursday, and working the back+chest tuesday and friday. i also run and use a stepper machine, prob on the off days ill go for a run/bike ride.

thanks guys!

February 25, 2006 at 7:57 pm #2386

Don’t neglect your legs. Even if you are running and cycling it would be wise to train your legs with weights aswell. Include squats and stiff leg deadlifts into your program.
    If you have only been training for 3 weeks I would recommend more of a full body routine, or atleast focusing on the major lifts, squat, bench press, rows, chinups, deadlifts, and maybe a military press. I wouldn’t be worrying much about isolating shoulerd, tris, bis etc… at this stage, just build yourself a solid foundation and learn proper technique for the major lifts.

As for diet, just keep it clean and eat alot if you are trying to gain weight. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, driink lots of water and stick with complex carbs, lean protein, and healthy fats. I know it’s all a bit vague, but you should be able to research for any more specific answers. Supplements are there to supplement your diet, they may be neneficial but are not necessary, get the basics down first then worry about supplementing.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.