WELL WHO WUDA THOUGHT ABOUT THIS?

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / WELL WHO WUDA THOUGHT ABOUT THIS?

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

I found this on another site and thought you might like to read it.
    Thermogenic everyday foods;
    http://www.carbohydrate-guide.com/archives/2005/09/16/thermogenic-foods.html
    DA

September 18, 2006 at 11:37 pm #3111

Oatmeal with cayenne pepper here I come 😆

January 19, 2007 at 1:52 am #3112

Old post – I know but thought that this might be interesting from http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=462017
    I tried pubmedding the original articles and further research but my physiology isn’t up to par!
    Article text:

Ginger (Gingerols, Shogaols) and Red Pepper (Cayene, Capsaicin)

These compounds have been shown to increase energy expenditure and oxygen consumption via adrenal catecholamine secretion (mostly epinephrine) and there’s actually some research in both humans and animals. The problem? Well, yes, an increase in energy expenditure is usually a good thing as long as what’s being oxidized are lipids and not carbohydrates. When you increase carbohydrate oxidation, you essentially end up exhausting glycogen stores while preserving fat stores. Well, this is exactly what capsaicin has been shown to do! And ginger is nearly as potent as capsaicin in this regard. So, it’s pointless to add these to any formulation.

January 20, 2007 at 6:07 am #3113

Thats good to know, thanks for taking the time to study it all.

Dr J – cayenne doesnt do it. DA

January 20, 2007 at 7:43 am #3114

There always kelp powder. Thibedeau suggests this may be a useful supplement during fat loss because the iodine content. Iodine is important to thyroid function.

I like the idea of kelp as a general supp for a natural source of minerals.

The iodine idea may have some merit. When our diets were higher in salt that’s were we got I iodine from and I wonder how low salt diets have impacted on iodine status.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.