Weight loss help

Home / Forums / Fat loss / Weight loss help

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

I’m 5’4″ and 149 lbs. I want to lose 10-15 lbs in the next 3 months. My diet is good (no fast food, lots of water, etc.) But just for a guideline, about how many calories should I be getting per day to reach this goal?

Exercise is the main part I need help with. I can’t get a gym membership right now, or buy any expensive equipment, so that’s not an option. So basically I have running, basketball, biking, jump roping, and other stuff like that available. How much of each of those specific activates should I do to burn a good amount of fat each day?

June 4, 2009 at 5:32 am #8305

Calories are useless in terms of fatloss. You need to create a hormonal environment that is conducive to fat loss – and that is only achieved by proper food and smart training.

How about you post up what you are eating every day and we can help you adjust your meals to optimize your metabolism.

If you are hell bent on counting calories – then a deficit of 500kcal from your total daily energy expenditure will yield a steady fat loss of 1lb per week.

June 4, 2009 at 5:46 am #8306

@devidmike wrote:

I’m 5’4″ and 149 lbs. I want to lose 10-15 lbs

Dude, Im not taking the piss here, but are you training to be a bantamweight fighter, jocky or something?

June 4, 2009 at 5:54 am #8307

I think shes female……..?

June 4, 2009 at 9:42 pm #8308

@bodytek wrote:

I think shes female……..?

Well, if that be the case, dudete..

June 6, 2009 at 5:38 am #8309

@bodytek wrote:

I think shes female……..?

Nope, male. Posted the same thing on another foum.
    http://ausbb.com/general-topic/8594-weight-loss-help.html

June 6, 2009 at 11:54 am #8310

@StormTrooper wrote:

@bodytek wrote:

I think shes female……..?

Nope, male. Posted the same thing on another foum.
    http://ausbb.com/general-topic/8594-weight-loss-help.html

U internet detective!!

June 6, 2009 at 11:14 pm #8311

I was thinking the same thing LOL! You never know who is watching mate do ya, I got a phone call from a friend who saw a post I did on another forum and asked if it was me….get that! Freakkkeeeee.

June 7, 2009 at 12:53 pm #8312

Welcome! I don’t know about supplements, but I think that doing more cardio can help with losing the belly. And now if that would work with my butt…LOL!

March 29, 2011 at 5:14 am #8313

Hey guy, That is not essential to buy an expensive one equipment or join the gym paying the heavy fee to keep you slim and fit…. I think that there are some way’s to keep you slim and smart for long life….
    Just adopt these kinds of the tips…
    Eat the fresh veggies,
    Fruit juices are much helpful,
    Fat burner like green tea is much helpful,
    Avoid cheese and fat rich foods,
    Exercise on daily base and walk helps you more in this session….
    Drink excess water on daily basis….
    Have a little walk after dinner and going to bed in night….
    I think that this will surely help’s you more….

March 29, 2011 at 9:26 am #8314

@jodi wrote:

I tried. I really tried but I can’t help it. I know I shouldn’t reply to these robots or whatever they are but this time I have to.

Fruit juice is shit and has NO place in any weight loss regime. If you want fruit juice, eat the whole piece of fruit. You might as well drink coke as fruit juice.

March 30, 2011 at 6:48 am #8315

@jodi wrote:

Hey guy, That is not essential to buy an expensive one equipment or join the gym paying the heavy fee to keep you slim and fit…. I think that there are some way’s to keep you slim and smart for long life….
    Just adopt these kinds of the tips…
    Eat the fresh veggies,
    Fat burner like green tea is much helpful,
    Avoid cheese and fat rich foods,
    Exercise on daily base and walk helps you more in this session….
    Drink excess water on daily basis….
    Have a little walk after dinner and going to bed in night….
    I think that this will surely help’s you more….

I agree with your suggestions,but would like to add a few more tips which I followed and benefitted.

1. Eliminate (or cut way back) meat, dairy (esp. cheese, butter and ice cream) from your diet
    2. Have one meal per day be a big salad and make your own salad dressing from mustard, a bit of honey and red wine vinegar. Have a slice of whole grain bread (no butter) with your salad
    3. Drink nothing but fresh water–no sodas, and cut way back on beer or wine or other alcoholic beverages–and drink nothing that contains high fructose corn syrup
    4. Let your snacks be low calorie such as pretzels, apple slices, grapes, carrot strips. No fast food (too high in fats, sugars, and salt)
    5. Eat a good breakfast such as oatmeal, whole grain cereal and fresh fruit
    6. Walk or swim or do a treadmill or elliptical for 30 minutes 4-7 times/week

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.