Weight gain

Home / Forums / Pharmaceutica / Weight gain

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Can you help please
    I am 19 and thinking about doing a cycle I need to put on some size for rugby during off season buy I don’t want to do injectables and I am worried about test messing with my natural production I am weight training but I am a typical hard grainer I eat very well, what would you suggest any help would be greatly appreciated

November 18, 2011 at 9:57 am #9114

Don’t bother with gear. Orals have toxicity issues and they will definitely mess with your natural test which should be more than enough to do what you want to do anyway. Gear should be the result of years of training and research. It’s not a good way to add a few kgs for a rugby season, that’s when people run into trouble.

Give us a run down of your weight training. imo you should be concentrating on the big compound movements to accomplish the goals that you mentioned. Squats, deadlifts, chins, rows, bench. That’s about all you need.

Muscle growth is stimulated by weight training but muscle is built from food. Sounds stupid but it’s the bit that people miss. You need to eat a lot to add weight because as a 19 year old rugby player (even off season) I’m guessing that you do a lot of running about that you don’t think about.

November 19, 2011 at 4:59 am #9115

Hi thanks for the reply
    I train about 5 days a week due to time I usually do one body part per day
    Chest would be bench press then incline then DB press and finish with flys
    Legs would be squat, leg press,extension and hamstring curls
    Shoulder would be the normal excerises
    Back would be chins,bentover rows, DB rows and seated rows
    Bi and trys the usuall stuff
    I usually do 4 set of each reps of 10 8 6 and 4
    Any help would be appreciated thank you

January 16, 2012 at 10:53 am #9116

I know you say your eating a lot. But perhaps your concept of a lot is not that much. 6 meals a day with 40% carbs 40% protein and about 20% good fat will do it. Supposedly those trying to gain size and strength like say a “powerlifter” would eat twice their weight in pounds, in grams of protein per day I think. Give that a shot. Also go heavy. Do 3-5 reps on heavier weights. This will increase strength (good for rugby) and probably make you get bigger quickly. Just make sure your using the correct form and when you do lift heavy otherwise you’ll get very little out of it and potentially injure yourself.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.