Underbelly

Home / Forums / All the Goss / Underbelly

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

This is a series that I have been following well before it came to air. I have read a shit load of books in the series and also read ole chop chop’s version of events.

The entire thing is amazing to be honest and I was really disapointed with the television series. For those who watched it I am interested in what you thought of it? Also, anyone here who has followed it from the start like myself and if there is, what did you think of it?

May 8, 2008 at 1:08 am #6384

Can’t say i watched the whole series-of what I did watch i enjoyed-If you haven’t already get a movie called Rise of the foot soldier-very good.

May 8, 2008 at 3:06 am #6385

I’ll do that.

May 8, 2008 at 8:53 am #6386

I’ve read the book. (a really recent version and I enjoyed it)

Haven’t seen any of the tv series but I will get access to it soon. Our tv comes from the NT and they didn’t put it on for us for some reason.

May 8, 2008 at 9:33 am #6387

The book is great, gives you a real time idea of what really went on. How amazing is that Mokbel character Bull. They truly are criminal masterminds.

May 8, 2008 at 12:12 pm #6388

I watched Episode 10 and 11 I think with some mates. I was still able to follow it missing out on the previous ones.

All I can say is, it’s very well made, with enough bullshit to keep an audience entertained.

Glorified true drug murders, rings and way of life, doesn’t impress me to be honest.

Is the money and street cred, worth all that trouble?

May 8, 2008 at 12:14 pm #6389

@IAN wrote:

Can’t say i watched the whole series-of what I did watch i enjoyed-If you haven’t already get a movie called Rise of the foot soldier-very good.

Yup.

The English are badass geezers 😆

sod off then aye?

April 13, 2009 at 7:56 am #6390

@kinmassive wrote:

This is a series that I have been following well before it came to air. I have read a shit load of books in the series and also read ole chop chop’s version of events.

The entire thing is amazing to be honest and I was really disapointed with the television series. For those who watched it I am interested in what you thought of it? Also, anyone here who has followed it from the start like myself and if there is, what did you think of it?

Dude I ove the series both of em. I have always hear people say the books are better than the movies or show, not just about underbelly but heaps.

With books there’s way more detail and it leaves a lot to your imagination, I say don’t read any books till after you see the movie/show.

April 13, 2009 at 8:19 am #6391

@IAN wrote:

I watched it a little while ago now Ian. Awesome flick, all wanna be gansters should watch it.

April 13, 2009 at 9:07 am #6392

Watched most of the Foot Soldier a while ago. The dvd died where they start the series of alternatives at the end. Was really good but I would have liked to see the rest.

I have read one underbelly book and seen the other series and all I can say is there are no titties in the book. The tv series is way better. 😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.