Training Arms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Hi.

I have this arm routine and he has put it out like so…

1. Barbell curl
    1. Close grip bench press

2. Cable curl
    2. Cable Press down

Would that be the order to do exercises in, or would you do biceps first, then triceps? Im not sure as I’ve never trained bis/tris in the same session.

October 27, 2007 at 11:32 pm #5386

Well mine at the moment goes like this.

– Barbell curl
    – Dumbell hammer curls
    – Cable preacher curls
    – O/Head dumbell press
    – Lying skull crushers
    – Close grip bench
    – Dips

And if I feel like my Bi’s have deflated a little then I throw in 1 set of 21’s just to walk out with a serious pump.

I like to train Bi’s first purely because they need all of my attention when i work them. Next month i might change it around just for something different, so all in all i don’t think it really matters.

One thing that does matter is how much you train them, and I don’t think that your program is enough.

October 28, 2007 at 11:54 am #5387

@kinmassive wrote:

One thing that does matter is how much you train them, and I don’t think that your program is enough.

Perhaps, but only I know how many sets im doing and the frequency.

So you dont think it matters if i go in that order? Because im pretty sure thats what he wanted. If i can see that its really bad, obviously ill change it.

You dont think all those exercises is too much? how many sets/reps per exercise if u dont mind me asking

October 28, 2007 at 1:35 pm #5388

IMHO

Chins
    barbell curl

Cable pulls larry scott style
    Dips

85%1rm 5-6 sets low reps

October 28, 2007 at 7:48 pm #5389

You dont think all those exercises is too much? how many sets/reps per exercise if u dont mind me asking

I don’t think it’s to much, but many would I guess, as they have done since i started posting my workouts here.

At the moment I’m doing the 5 x 5 thing so it could be a little different than what you are looking for.

But before that I was doing as follows:

– Barbell curl = 15,12,12,10
    – Dumbell hammer curls = 16,16,10,10
    – Cable preacher curls =12,12,10
    – O/Head dumbell press = 16,16,12,12
    – Lying skull crushers = 12,12 ,10
    – Close grip bench = 3 x 10
    – Dips = 4 x 10

And then before that I used the same program and just had the same stes but lower reps.

By the way who is ‘HE’? Is this your alter ego?

As far as the order…stay with bi’s then move on to tri’s and vice versa. The only way I see what you are doing now could be benificial in that order would be if you superset them in pairs.

UB at the end of the day you are the one lifting the weights. If this program feels good (I’m assuming you have already done it) then stick with it. These are just MY opinions.

October 28, 2007 at 10:42 pm #5390

@unbuff wrote:

Hi.

1. Barbell curl

2. Cable curl
    2. Cable Press down

Would that be the order to do exercises in, or would you do biceps first, then triceps? Im not sure as I’ve never trained bis/tris in the same session.

replace your barbell curl with underhand weighted chinups
    replace the close grip bench press with weighted dips

October 29, 2007 at 1:28 am #5391

@big_phi wrote:

Why??

October 29, 2007 at 7:39 am #5392

Lying incline curls is the only bi exercise that stretches your bicep at the bottom postion. Larry Scott swore by them.
    A must for all bicep workouts.

October 29, 2007 at 9:10 am #5393

@unbuff wrote:

Hi.

1. Barbell curl

2. Cable curl
    2. Cable Press down

Do what ever is weaker/smaller first. If there equal, alternate between them each workout.

November 2, 2007 at 2:15 pm #5394

@big_phi wrote:

THIS WORKS!

@StormTrooper wrote:

Lying incline curls is the only bi exercise that stretches your bicep at the bottom postion. Larry Scott swore by them.

i feel wierd when i do this on in the gym…i do it when its empty though…it just looks so funny

also if you do variations , add in hammers as Kinmassive suggested they are the bomb.

November 2, 2007 at 11:05 pm #5395

I’m replacing the close grip benching for vertical dips (focusing on tris)
    underhand chins don’t work for me (maybe i do them wrong), so the curls stay for now.

November 3, 2007 at 3:42 am #5396

If you find it hard to do the chins at first why not do as much as you can…and then jump on a lat machine and do the same movement in a pull down…sooner or later you will be able to finish your chins sets and then add weight.

IMHO

November 3, 2007 at 5:32 am #5397

The best way to improve your chins is to chin IMO. My training partner could not do 1 when he first started. He does them every session now, slowly building it up. At the moment he can do 4, followed by 2-3 lots of 3, then some doubles & singles etc. Hasn’t taken him long to get there, and he is now improving every session.

November 3, 2007 at 6:41 am #5398

@StormTrooper wrote:

i feel wierd when i do this on in the gym…i do it when its empty though…it just looks so funny

also if you do variations , add in hammers as Kinmassive suggested they are the bomb.[/quote]

Why does it look funny? And if it does, who the hell cares. just set up the incline bench as if you were going to do incline dumbell presses and do curls instead. fucking awesome excersize. Larry Scott loved them.

November 3, 2007 at 9:42 am #5399

how much incline do I need?

according to swiz i would do them last right

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.