the time to grow, is now

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / the time to grow, is now

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

basically, ive been hitting the gym for 3 months now and made some steady gains with the amount of weight im lifting, and it looks like i am making an improvement on my body shape.

i have been having a protein shake roughly an hour before my sessions, but feel i should be doing more.

Should I consider taking casein before bed time, or even cottage cheese?
    i dont think ive knowingly eaten cottage cheese before lol, does it resemble ricotta cheese in texture, taste etc??

essential amino acids… glutamine? should i be looking at getting that down the gullet before a workout?

cheers

August 8, 2007 at 1:06 pm #4695

hey buddy,

not enough info.

post up your diet and what your taking at the moment pre and post and then people can comment on it.

imho if your starting out gains will come no matter what u do as long as u are consistant or thats what everyone told me. there are lots of previous thread posts with the info u need.

IMHO 1.5 – 2 kg of lean muscle per 3 months with consistant regime. if you feel your weight hasnt changed u may have lost fat and gained muscle.
    If you are relatively lean you can start bulking…feeding your body more will increase the amount of muscle you put on your frame.

August 8, 2007 at 8:38 pm #4696

You can put all sorts of things into your gullet so to speak and have them do all sorts of wonderful things. But I have always been of the belief as follows: Why do you lift weights?

Before you go spending money adding things most people don’t know what they are talking about or excessive amounts of food etc, you really need to step back and answer that question with confidence.

There is alot of emphasis here on stats. Well as there is only one doctor here and MAYBE a handful of health professionals I find this to be quite a cop out. What you need to do is work out your goals. Once you’ve worked this out you will automatically go into that mode and you will yourself become a resource from all the info you have found.

I’m not saying to stop asking questions, all I’m saying is to ask the right questions.

August 8, 2007 at 9:46 pm #4697

Give it more time.

Concentrate on dialing in your diet and take a protein and carb shake immediately after training. Apart from this creatine and fish oils will take you a long long way.

Most people would rather throw money at a problem than put in the mental discipline and physical effort.

Monitor you food intake (ie record) and adjust macronutrient ratios and see what happens.

And as a doctor (PhD (psych) not MD) take it from me, KM is right, set your goals, right them down and take action.

BTW. Try taking your cottage cheese on some thin slices of apple πŸ˜‰

August 10, 2007 at 12:44 am #4698

Its a growing game…Ur concentrating on playing hard when you dont know the rules properly yet right? Once you know how to play properly you will grow as best as your body allows.

From reflecting on KM’s post…I have a thought…Im thinking if you really wanna go hardcore…thes best way to do this is to read up, ask the right qeustions and work on your discipline. ?? Diet and consistency are the most important thing.

I tend to believe that most sane people know that half the shit you read on the internet is a crock of crap. Posters such as DrJ and Kinkmassive could be a couple of elementary school science nerds from scandanavia who get their rocks off on forum posting..on the other hand they could be legit. Bodybuilder s who post on this forum are blessed with open minds..which is why we choose to read, post and throw around ideas…

Noone want to be given the wrong advices..lol

August 10, 2007 at 1:01 am #4699

@swiz wrote:

Posters such as DrJ and Kinkmassive could be a couple of elementary school science nerds from scandanavia who get their rocks off on forum posting…

ife ben outed πŸ˜₯ ah, vell back to da fiords πŸ˜€

August 10, 2007 at 1:16 am #4700

@swiz wrote:

Posters such as DrJ and Kinkmassive could be a couple of elementary school science nerds from scandanavia who get their rocks off on forum posting..on the other hand they could be legit.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† To be honest I don’t claim to be anything, I’m just like you and most others here. I have just read and studied this shit for awhile now and am gaining a better knowledge of what I want to achieve and how to do it. From what I gather if you want programs and lifts/ ask Ian, supplements/ ask Unbuff, diet/ ask Derek Amos, Juice/ ask Stormtrooper and super soldier and for a bit on everything ask Dr J.

And if my old pics look like I’m a nerd then…..? πŸ™„

August 10, 2007 at 6:10 am #4701

…then ive been progressing enormously in my strength training regime by listening to a nerd.

August 10, 2007 at 7:23 am #4702

Thanks mate glad I could help.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.