The Matrix Principle

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / The Matrix Principle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

What are your thoughts on the Matrix Principle?

(This has nothing to do with the biceps thread)

Just wondering what peoples experiences are with the matrix principle and whether it has worked for you?

Go here if you don’t know what it is
    http://www.dr-ronlaura.com/matrix_bodybuild.html

April 9, 2008 at 4:03 am #6203

My ole man swears by it, my A-grade coach swears by (14yr BB vetren). But me I have been handed down the book and have not even read one page. I have been meaning to do it for so long so I’ll be intersted to know what others say also.

April 9, 2008 at 8:33 am #6204

I purchased one of the first copies.

I whole section was missing the book and I never recieved a replacement πŸ˜₯

Worth reading (if your copy has all the pages). πŸ˜‰

April 10, 2008 at 2:01 am #6205

haha I can lend you mine if u like

December 3, 2008 at 1:31 am #6206

I have had the book for many years, as with most, it looks a bit silly, and feesl awkward using very light weights and struggling, but the results are amazing, I only started using it 6 weeks ago and now use it in 3 week cycles, it is astounding – gained 4 kg’s of muscle in the first 4 weeks, yes has slowed down now, but thats not the point

December 3, 2008 at 8:00 am #6207

@zoggy66 wrote:

I have had the book for many years, as with most, it looks a bit silly, and feesl awkward using very light weights and struggling, but the results are amazing, I only started using it 6 weeks ago and now use it in 3 week cycles, it is astounding – gained 4 kg’s of muscle in the first 4 weeks, yes has slowed down now, but thats not the point

I am very very interested now.

Tell us more about this training principle.

December 3, 2008 at 8:43 pm #6208

That pic of Dr Ron doesn’t inspire me.

December 3, 2008 at 9:10 pm #6209

@zoggy66 wrote:

Sorry if I come of sounding like a pirck mate, but 4kg in 4 weeks?
    That aint happening.
    How did you actualy measure that gain?

If you are some kind of genetic marvel or super keen on the juice, disregard this post..

December 3, 2008 at 9:15 pm #6210

@Dave996 wrote:

@zoggy66 wrote:

Sorry if I come of sounding like a pirck mate, but 4kg in 4 weeks?
    That aint happening.
    How did you actualy measure that gain?

If you are some kind of genetic marvel or super keen on the juice, disregard this post..

Most likely gained 4kg full stop. Depending on where you’re starting from a kg a week in weight gain is not that hard to do and it probably looks like you haven’t gained much fat.

The big question, of course, is how much muscle one can put on after the initial newbie surge.

December 3, 2008 at 9:18 pm #6211

@IAN wrote:

That pic of Dr Ron doesn’t inspire me.

Me neither IAN. I remenber when he was flogging this program in Muscle & Fitness back in 19….um…well many years ago…
    The good Dr still looks much the same.

December 3, 2008 at 11:07 pm #6212

πŸ˜† I hope NOT to look like that at his age.

For me him selling a training system is like me selling a hair growth system!

December 4, 2008 at 12:25 am #6213

@IAN wrote:

For me him selling a training system is like me selling a hair growth system!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

December 4, 2008 at 1:13 am #6214

sooooooo is there any place i can go to learn how to train this way and see if it works

happy to be a test mule

December 4, 2008 at 2:06 am #6215

@unbuff wrote:

sooooooo is there any place i can go to learn how to train this way and see if it works

happy to be a test mule

Whats up mate, you sick of DC training or just looking for some variety?

December 4, 2008 at 2:46 am #6216

let me qualify a few things and and be as accurate as I can….
    I am quite thin to start with and not a newbie…
    It is probably closer to 5 weeks

172 cms tall
    Started at 64.5 kgs
    Now 69.5 kgs

body fat via tanita scales was
    12.2% starting
    now 13%

You can do the maths…

Having a week off all training this week and back on again next week

I changed a couple of things in the prog, he has WAY too many exercises, I pretty much halved it, he has two sequences per workout, an A and a B.
    I only do sequences from A, and only what fits into a 40 minutes workout as I like to keep them short.
    I actually did matrix for 3 weeks straight and then switched to a week and bit of 5 x 5’s.

I found by the 3rd week due to the high number of reps – my wrist joint got very sore – so I would not do what he recommends 2 sequences that will take you 90 minutes and all year round….
    I would have like to get afew more weeks, but was not keen on injury

I am using it 3-4 weeks and cycling with more traditional programs, but must say by end of week 3 can see a significant difference….

Probably wont go that fast next time around, but I am keeping my eye on it and will update….

It does work and I will post pics, someone tell me how/where?
    hopefully you can see it in the pics……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.