The gallbladder

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / The gallbladder

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hey.

Not sure where to post this.

Basically for the last year, I’ve slowly had increased gallbladder attacks (about 5) There pains on the right side of the ribcage. Its assumed I may have ‘mud’ ‘gravel’ or ‘stones’. The causes of them are many, so I won’t type them all up. Basically I’m doing a gallbladder cleanse this weekend. It requires alittle starving, epsom salts, olive oil and fresh grapefruit juice and time. The up side is, If I drain and shit them all out, I’m in the all clear. But if, one gets stuck in my bile tract however, I may be looking at having my gall bladder removed (really worried about this)

Do I still have a life in bodybuilding if this happens? (extra stress on liver + high protien diet + aas in the near future)

March 11, 2009 at 10:58 am #7884

Shit mate that sounds serious, definately something to be discussed with a professional in the field. Good luck.

March 11, 2009 at 11:11 am #7885

@kinmassive wrote:

Shit mate that sounds serious, definately something to be discussed with a professional in the field. Good luck.

Yeah i have and they just want to remove it pretty much. So im going to see if i can drain them. Many people have succesfully drained all there stones, and even repeated it for the ones that didnt make it first time around. Beats having a missing organ thats for sure. Im doing it on saturday and for anyone else who reads this, I’ll keep it updated.

March 11, 2009 at 11:41 pm #7886

You could probably still train and what not as long as you follow a strict diet (i believe fat absorption will be very low so some vitamins and minerals will also be low) but I would not go through aas at all as this can put a huge strain on your body that may cause you severe problems.

Since your liver will be affected (lucky you dont drink as that would be struck off) you may have some problems recovering from exercise and maybe more long duration exercise but other than that you might be ok, I dont know for sure about this but its just a precaution as it the gall bladder works with the liver.

You would probably have to work around it but there would be many things you can do. Considering this you would probably be out for up to a month of lifting and strenous exercise. Talk to your doctor about long term effects they usually give you a very conservative view so you may be able to tweak it a little to your hopeful thinking.

March 12, 2009 at 9:06 pm #7887

Dont sweat it UB. Its a non vital organ anyway so if its giving you shit, piss it off. A good mate of mine had his removed a couple of years ago. Its keyhole sugery and you’ll be sore for a few days and thats it – of corse this can vary from person to person but a fit young bloke like you should have no worries.
    Im not sure what the dietary changes you will have to make will be but put it this way.
    My mate is a big solid lad – like 132kg solid, although 20kg of that is probably his gut, a smoker, very light drinker but loves his food – by which I mean if you order pizza, when he cant fit any more in, he scrapes off the topping and eats it. Ive seen him devour 7 maccas cheese burgers, a medium coke and large fries in one sitting, during the corse of a weekend away shooting up the bush he ploughed through a 1kg block of cheese.

I think hyper – obesity will clean him up before any gall bladder related malady…

March 13, 2009 at 11:28 pm #7888

😯

His poor liver!! It may not be a ‘vital’ organ, but its there for a reason, and I just want to keep it. My success rate is high as I’ve spoken to a few old people who did this cleanse and it went very well for them, I’m young, surely I don’t have fully developed stones yet, so Im hoping it will just drain out.

Im about to start my cleanse in 8hours (6pm) but I cant eat past 2pm, thats going to suck. I’ll post up how I go coz I cant really leave the house.

March 15, 2009 at 12:15 am #7889

Ok well, at yesterday 2pm I had to stop eating. And I wasn’t allowed to eat very much at all, I had some watermelon and other stuff light on the stomach. At 6pm I had my first portion of epsom salts in distilled water and 2 hours later another portion. This made me go to the bathroom a fair bit, I believe this just cleans you right out for what was to come next. At 10pm I then drank 1/2 cup of olive oil shaken with 3/4cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, the oil is to lube up the stones and the grapefruit is to break down anything thats large. You have to lie down immediatly after you drink it so it can go to work, then after 30mins of lying still on ur back you can go to sleep.

This morning was incredible. I had another portion of epsom salts and then after about 1hour ran to the toilet to shit out a crap load of green mud along with 3 large stones!! Thats most likely what was causing me so much pain. then an hour later I had my last portion of epsom salts and I feel another shit coming on as I type this. Sorry for being graphic but this has saved my gallbladder and I’m happy I did this.

I’m not sure whats to blame for this, but I’d say its diet (Anabolic diet) and shit genetics. I don’t know what Ill do about my diet, as my fat intake is high and half of it is saturated fats which can be a cause for stones. Ive had so much success with the anabolic diet (I’m up 3kgs since starting it with no waist movement), I don’t know if I could go back to carbs, as my pancreas doesn’t really like it. So I’m in a real predicament.

2 of the 3 big mother rocks I shat out, that were sitting in my poor gallbladder

March 15, 2009 at 1:30 am #7890

Thats great UB, but fuck me dead mate did have to post the pics…geez!

March 15, 2009 at 1:43 am #7891

You just lost your 3kgs right there

March 15, 2009 at 2:22 am #7892

Lol kin, for educational purposes mate 😉

dave, yeah probably lol. Ill wack it back on this week.

I have no choice but to stick to the anabolic diet for now. Ill take preventative vegetable juices on weekends, and do a cleanse annually. Should keep my tip-top from now on.

March 15, 2009 at 10:39 pm #7893

Are you sure thats wise, IF it has caused these problems because you have a genetic predispostion and you were giving it an ideal environment wouldnt you want to, for the sake of your health, change your diet. You will still grow but you would probably feel a lot better for it.

March 16, 2009 at 6:02 am #7894

Dave: Depends, I’ll have to stay on the diet and remain consistent to find out if its actually the cause, or if its genetic disposition. Only 1 person on my dads side had stones and still has them and hes 80.

I’m taking preventative juices like carrot and radish’s twice a week, and paw paw, apples and mangos, which all help to prevent stones, along with my homeopathy treatment which is aiming at the cause now. It can also reverse hereditary problems, so I don’t pass them onto my kids. . So only time will tell.

I can say, I feel fantastic though. I’m no longer sluggish, or feeling hot and sweaty like a fat old man. I could work all day consistently without feeling lethargic. Due to the size of the stones, I would have been carrying them for years!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.