The anabolic diet

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / The anabolic diet

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Unbuff’s thread about diet prompted me think about this little number,
    http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/
    To the average trainee concerned about their health it must look almost suicidal.
    I’d be interested to hear from anyone whos given it a genuine go.
    Did you actually see the results it claims and turn into a fat burning dynamo, or is it just another “looks good on paper ” type eating plan, and you ended up suffering a mild chloesterol induced heart attack?

Looks tasty though!

February 13, 2008 at 3:01 am #5991

I’ve never done it but I know some who have and apparently it is very difficult for the first couple of weeks. Then it is just a matter of stuffing meat down your neck and refeeding with carbs every now and then.

Strength increased significantly.
    Not sure about bodyfat or lean mass. (Don’t think he was trying to get lean at the time.)

The first two weeks hurt.
    It is very expensive.
    Mouth starts to taste like a dead animal apparently.

February 14, 2008 at 1:51 am #5992

Never tried it either, but I think I could manage the following:-

Monday-Friday
    Breakfast: Omega-3 eggs, sausage patties, black coffee
    Mid morning: Can of mixed nuts, bag o’ jerky
    Lunch: tuna mixed with mayo and shredded onion
    Snack 1: hard-boiled eggs
    PWO: Protein shake, heavy cream and BCAA’s
    Dinner: Grilled Steak with Avocado, bacon, and watercress salad
    Snack 2: Celery with PB and cinnamon
    Pre-Bed: Cottage cheese, spinach salad with EVOO

Saturday and Sunday
    Breakfast: cinnamon rolls, mango-peach smoothie with vanilla protein
    Mid morning: Chocolate-chip granola bars, protein shake with milk
    Lunch: Whole wheat pasta with garlic sauteed shrimp and roasted tomatoes and basil, Red Wine
    Snack 1: Fruit salad
    PWO: chocolate milk
    Dinner: Whole wheat thin crust Hawaiian pizza, Corona Light
    Snack 2: Greek salad
    Pre-Bed: Cottage cheese and a fully-loaded baked potatoes

February 14, 2008 at 11:01 am #5993

I cant help but think this diet will turn u into a big loaf of fat

February 14, 2008 at 12:09 pm #5994

Ha ha if that is a really anabolic BB diet, then I must be the most anabolic mother fucker out there ha ha.

In all seriousness I find it a little odd that they would reccomend alcohol in a fitness diet?? πŸ˜• I’m gonna have a read of this diet, because apart from the sweets that is pretty much the way i eat all year round 😯 I know, I know I’ve heard it all before, but I seem to stay lean everywhere bar a little flab around the mid section which melts once I want it to.

Footy has been great for my BF levels, I’ve never felt harder, whilst we’re on the topic. πŸ™‚

March 12, 2008 at 2:38 pm #5995

i think the stupid anabolic diet with the carb thing is trying to deplete glycogen and then ofcourse re-store it higher or whatever

besides that it seems like any other diet packing on the calories.

more calories=more anabolic…? lol

March 12, 2008 at 11:45 pm #5996

Anabolic diet runs with the ‘fats are needed to make testosterone’ idea. Just a fair bit of extremism as per usual in the bodybuilding scene.

June 10, 2008 at 1:18 pm #5997

I’m doing a diet the same, except im cutting on it. 2days in and im hungry as and eating alittle more then I was a week ago. go figure.

I’ll be trying a bulk with this dieting principle aswell.. whats the worse that could happen?? πŸ˜†

June 10, 2008 at 1:34 pm #5998

@Chad wrote:

Never tried it either, but I think I could manage the following:-

Monday-Friday
    Breakfast: Omega-3 eggs, sausage patties, black coffee
    Mid morning: Can of mixed nuts, bag o’ jerky
    Lunch: tuna mixed with mayo and shredded onion
    Snack 1: hard-boiled eggs
    PWO: Protein shake, heavy cream and BCAA’s
    Dinner: Grilled Steak with Avocado, bacon, and watercress salad
    Snack 2: Celery with PB and cinnamon
    Pre-Bed: Cottage cheese, spinach salad with EVOO

Saturday and Sunday
    Breakfast: cinnamon rolls, mango-peach smoothie with vanilla protein
    Mid morning: Chocolate-chip granola bars, protein shake with milk
    Lunch: Whole wheat pasta with garlic sauteed shrimp and roasted tomatoes and basil, Red Wine
    Snack 1: Fruit salad
    PWO: chocolate milk
    Dinner: Whole wheat thin crust Hawaiian pizza, Corona Light
    Snack 2: Greek salad
    Pre-Bed: Cottage cheese and a fully-loaded baked potatoes

thats a bit repetitive dont you think, needs a bit of variety

June 23, 2008 at 9:21 am #5999

Well I said I would, and I just started today on this diet.
    I’m on 3000cals, with 2 carbups during the week (thurs and sun)
    I’m doing DC training.

June 24, 2008 at 5:59 am #6000

I LIKE DC TRAINING BEST. Of all the training styles this one has stayed with me longest, & still gets me increases.
    REST PAUSE, AHH. πŸ˜€
    DA

June 24, 2008 at 12:18 pm #6001

Yea, I’m in my second week.
    DA, Do you think its necessary to cycle between 3 exercises? I train at home, and finding another 4th, in case I lose one Is going to be very tricky, especially with muscles like hamstrings etc. I was thinking of cycling with just 2 for now… but DC says not to deviate… I can’t see anything wrong with that.
    The only info I read, as DC explains is 6years old now. He’s updated, but I haven’t read anything apart from the 6yr old article thats floating around everywhere.

June 25, 2008 at 7:58 am #6002

Well some of DC’s best articles are the collection known as “Cycles for Pennies”. This outlined the original DC training, and although hes updated now to other methods (possibly better), the orig’ still works. He passed a comment about it that I read on one site, saying “if you dont mind the old school, then carry on”. Meaning thats all he wrote out and gave away. Any new stuff he became secretive about and regretted having started the whole thing, as far as I can see.

Other guys I have read about on US sites, who use DCs base/orig’ outlines have altered it slightly to their own tastes and still got results.

So, I suppose any small bending of the laws is OK. Bit like Bruce Lee, “If it dont work discard it”. This is DCs attitude anyway. Personally its the principles that matter in my book. Only using light weights as warm up sets, for the current body area trained, keeping the last set as the WORK set, using Rest Pause at that time, to complete concentric failure. Applying about 5 exercises per workout, These should cycle between legs, chest and back, with other auxilliary exercises for smaller body parts, as you see fits. Parts like bis, tris, shoulders, hell why not forearms, calves, neck or whatever you feel is lacking as well.

I take a week off sometimes, but also do his Cruisin’ idea sometimes. I like both ideas, but it depends on how crooked I get, with say quads & hams in particular.

I’d keep coming back to a particular exercise that works, even if it was months down the track and it still gave increases. Only dumping it when it became a dud a couple of times, with no feel good result.

Recently I’ve been toying with the idea of extending the 6x fixed workouts structure to 7 or 8, adding on new exercises I feel are excellent, but couldnt fit into the straight DC structure. The whole still revolves around legs, chest & back though.

Gaining enough favourite exercises, that work takes quite a few years of working out – preferably before starting DC work.

Then theres those extreme stretches, nothing seems to ever be a more clever idea, so youll need to do those. DA.

July 7, 2008 at 9:50 am #6003

Hey DA, you may have read this already, but if not take a look!

http://www.intensemuscle.com/17139-im-kind-stuck-here-all.html

Cheers!

July 9, 2008 at 7:53 am #6004

Yes mate, DoggCrapp’s advice certainly is different.

I loved the bit were he said that anyone who truely starts with DC, finds they cant leave it. Its true, the principals are better for exhausting an exercise than almost anything else. DA

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.