Testosterone Boosters (Tribulus)

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Testosterone Boosters (Tribulus)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Is anybody currently using a tribulus based product to any great effect (ie TRIBEX etc)? I’ve been weeding through the majority of the crap on the internet and the claim seems to be that the ‘Bulgarian’ based tribulus is the one to get as it has a greater concentration of protodioscin (whatever that is).

A friend of mine was taking TRIBEX at one point and he thought it was great. Of course he was taking 10 tablets a day. If it does work is it a case of you have to take an obscene amount to see any benefit?

And yes I am new to posting at these forums.

September 25, 2007 at 9:04 am #4901

My personal experience is that it had a behavorial effect. I was a lot more aggressive and teste. Just what you’d expect from increased T but there’s not a lot of reasearch to support this.

In any case, Mrs Dr J banned me from taking it. So that was that. πŸ™

September 25, 2007 at 9:28 am #4902

I’m taking Furazadrol at the moment and getting great results with it. Once finished i will be taking a course of Hyper test so I’ll let you know then if you remind me.

September 26, 2007 at 4:37 am #4903

some of my mates take horny goat weed…6 tabs at a time..expensive…aparently it works

not a fan of trib.

September 26, 2007 at 5:31 am #4904

I took tribulus for a while (if you consider 6 months a while) and I would like to think I had some benefit from it in regards to training. But it’s by no means a magic supplement.

A body building friend who was on it much longer then me swore that it was *the* supplement of choice. He had a better physique then me and could have competed (naturally) so who knows! πŸ™‚

There is heaps of conflicting arguments about tribulus.

I think the only way to bury this once and for all is get your blood-testosterone levels measured when you get your normal checkup from your GP.

Then get onto tribulus….

Then get your levels re-evaluated after say, 4 months! Its alot of effort, but hey, it might just get to the bottom of this πŸ˜†

I have found I have had *much* better results since I put ZMA into my diet, and it’s cheap.

By the way, 10 tabs, got damn, thats a bit of a overkill…. My understanding is that Trib raises your natural levels of testosterone. Those natural levels do have a limit it can’t go beyond.

September 26, 2007 at 10:39 am #4905

tribulus sucks sorry just never did aything at all for me

September 29, 2007 at 9:34 am #4906

jay27 – Whats ZMA and how much does that set you back?

September 29, 2007 at 9:36 am #4907

Just found it on the website…probably should have checked there first πŸ˜€

September 29, 2007 at 11:38 am #4908

@Gaige wrote:

jay27 – Whats ZMA and how much does that set you back?

ZMA wont do much unless your Zinc deficient. Another supp that did zippo for me.
    I added it too the useless list 😳

September 29, 2007 at 11:40 am #4909

I’m going to try X-factor soon, let’s hope that works, FFS something has to work πŸ˜€

September 30, 2007 at 9:31 am #4910

If your training pretty hardcore you probably have a need for (more) zinc in your diet, as athletes are more prone to zinc deficiency. ZMA is a *proven* testosterone booster and I seemed to benefit from it… and I wasn’t deficient in zinc to begin with.

I can imagine my training is taxing on my body… So I think its just good to have that in my diet. I think I gained more strength…. I felt better around the time I incorporated it into my diet and made good improvements. I dont know, it could be a coincidence, but give it a shot and see what it does for you.

I take natures own ZMA, purely because its cheap (20 bucks)…. But each tablet has pretty low levels compared to Dr Johns. So its probably better if you have a look around for a potent one tailored for athletes (like at myopure).

December 3, 2007 at 9:15 am #4911

@swiz wrote:

some of my mates take horny goat weed…6 tabs at a time..expensive…aparently it works

not a fan of trib.

I’m 43 y.o. and been using Horny Goat Weed for quite a while now. I found it’s best on an empty stomach though so i have it first thing in the morning while i’m waiting for the kettle to boil.

And again before training if i’m not eating anything.

I bought a whole stack of raw powder and just capped it myself. Very cheap that way.

I also increased my test levels by dropping a lot of carbs and increasing fats. Although i ate mostly good fats it was the saturated fat that increased test the most!!!

Not a big fan of Trib either.

Me

December 3, 2007 at 12:04 pm #4912

@StormTrooper wrote:

I’m going to try X-factor soon, let’s hope that works, FFS something has to work πŸ˜€

St how did u go with it?

December 4, 2007 at 10:03 am #4913

yeh man let us know ST.

what do you guys find increases libido the most?

December 5, 2007 at 2:10 am #4914

@melbourne22 wrote:

yeh man let us know ST.

what do you guys find increases libido the most?

My wife stepping into the living room wearing naught but cowboy boots, a hat and pigtails does it for me….. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.