Supplements:- What has worked for you and what hasn’t?

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Supplements:- What has worked for you and what hasn’t?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I’ve been using Kre-Alkalyn Creatine and have had fantastic results in strength and muscle gains. I recently started using BSN No Explode to my disappointment and at a cost of $85.00 no great or real noticeable benefits? I was wondering how other people have found these 2 products and what products have other people tried, what has worked and what hasn’t.

October 27, 2006 at 11:29 am #3355

i had some good results from Creatine. also changing from maxs protien to using dh17

October 28, 2006 at 2:55 am #3356

Creatine, does not work for me. I’m a non responder, that includes NoXplode and Cell Mass. Tribulus does nothing for me nor does ZMA. I just use PP, malto and dextrose. Nothing else works for me, unless it’s a stimulant like caffeine.

October 28, 2006 at 5:51 am #3357

@StormTrooper wrote:

Creatine, does not work for me. I’m a non responder, that includes NoXplode and Cell Mass. Tribulus does nothing for me nor does ZMA. I just use PP, malto and dextrose. Nothing else works for me, unless it’s a stimulant like caffeine.

Didi you try Taurine Amino Acid as a replacement for Creatine. 3 to 5gm per shake, work just fine for me. DA

October 28, 2006 at 8:20 am #3358

@Derek Amos wrote:

@StormTrooper wrote:

Didi you try Taurine Amino Acid as a replacement for Creatine. 3 to 5gm per shake, work just fine for me. DA

At one stage I was taking HMB,Glut,CM and Taurine as a pre workout shake, and I’m not really sure it did too much. πŸ™„
    Or maybe I just expect too much…”shrug shoulders” πŸ˜•

October 30, 2006 at 6:35 am #3359

what does the taurine do for youmate ?

October 31, 2006 at 3:20 am #3360

Yes, you can read about it at;
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/taurine.html
    It has effects similar to Creatine. DA

October 31, 2006 at 6:30 am #3361

Creatine + x-factor combined is potent for strength for me. Id urge others to try it if they wish to break in new PB’s.

November 4, 2006 at 1:15 am #3362

i’m a strong believer in myopure’s calcium caseinate, feeding your body while you’re sleeping make sense to me and my results remain positive while using it. (..though sadly i fell off the cart for two weeks due to slackness and a minor injury, i’m back on track now though.) πŸ™‚

November 4, 2006 at 5:13 am #3363

The white coats say that the body eats fat whilst sleeping, until around 4am in the morning, then starts the catabolic (morning) cycle. If you didnt take CC in the evening, but took an early snack breakfast around 4.30am, and another breakfast at 8am, then all would be well – with no muscle loss. DA
    Just another way around the problem!

November 9, 2006 at 7:55 am #3364

DA, do you have any good links to the body’s hormone cycles ? eg. cortisol, testosterone

November 9, 2006 at 10:20 am #3365

what would you say about milk and glutamine before bed?

i dont think im quite dedicated enough to get up at 4 for an extra breakfast… i tried the other day but went back to sleep haha πŸ™

CC might be my next step toward success…

November 9, 2006 at 9:49 pm #3366

My sleep quality has definitely improved since taking ZMA.

To be honest, I’m as sceptical as the next man given it’s heritage.

However, since starting this stuff I’ve stopped waking in the early hours. This is a form of insominia were you fall asleep okay but then wake up a few hours later and can’t get back to sleep.

So I’m pretty chuffed πŸ™‚

November 12, 2006 at 11:12 pm #3367

Since posting this original post I have to say my opinion on No Explode has changed. I have found that if I only use one scoop and take it just prior to working out on an empty stomach (nothing to eat in the last hour) it does for me give me the effect it claims it should. More energy, focus and a great pump.

November 14, 2006 at 6:54 am #3368

@melbourne22 wrote:

DA, do you have any good links to the body’s hormone cycles ? eg. cortisol, testosterone

The articles by Francesco Casillo I found to be practical and intelligent, as he is a good bodybuilder himself and has studied a number of subjects; in his own words “After that I stopped competing because I started to study at University the course of “Movement Science”. Thanks to the studies done I improved my knowledge on nutrition, training, kinesiology, endocrinology”.

Simply type his name into Google or Yahoo. DA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.