Supplement Advice

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Supplement Advice

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

hey guys, im after a bit of advice with supplements, like whats good and whats not. I’m looking to put on some weight as well as muscle and ive read some good stuff about Prolab N Large2 n it seems to be in front at the moment but im just gona ask yous for your opinions/suggestions and really im open for anything, even like a stack of a few supplements i’ve read a fair amount about the topic but really im in the deepend when it comes to actually selecting and differing.

July 5, 2007 at 12:52 pm #4557

and also, how much of these supplement/s will i need and how long should i be looking to use them for? and also, the cheaper the better 😛

July 6, 2007 at 7:48 am #4558

How long have you been training? How old are you?
    I would not go for those weight gain type of shakes. I recommend WPC with some oats as a weight gainer.
    You could try some creatine 6 or 8 week cycles with 4 weeks off (note creatine does not work for me) Please stay away from testosterone booster as they are a waste of money.
    Cheers

July 6, 2007 at 11:19 am #4559

1. Fish oil and a multi-vitamin to start with.

2. Then a good protein powder that is highest in the BCAA’s (see the myopure site its pretty cheap and good quality just the taste isnt there like the store brands) and carbohydrates (dextrose and maltodextrin).

3. Then creatine.

That is all you need most other supplements are either unproven, not worth the money for the gains (large buck very low gains) or you are not in need of them yet.

Only other suggestion could be a stimulant of some kind if you are a little down at times and need the help to start training/training hard.

July 7, 2007 at 7:32 am #4560

im 18 and ive been training hard for 7/8 months. dave from what i understand your saying, i wouldnt need an actual weight gainer powder as such that the protein and im diet will provide that?

July 7, 2007 at 10:09 am #4561

First of all i will clarify my protein info: you want your protein pre and post workout (can have it during but a lot of people dont like doing that) with a carbohydrate mixture that will spike insulin level to help transport nutrients into your cells (which include muscle cells). It should be used as a recovery supplement, you use it to recovery faster which in turn helps you train more and harder and then you get bigger.

You can buy a lot of powders on the market that will do this but they can be expensive (though there are some good tasters out there if you dont mind artificial flavours).

If you are not getting about 2g per kilo of protein a day in your normal food then I might suggest supplementing with protein shake during the day to make it up but most people can get this easily with what they eat naturally or a make slight change to their diet.

If you want to get bigger the key supplement is chowing down a hell of a lot of food all day long and making sure its not highly processed (unless for recovery shakes as I have stated above) so that you dont become a nice big fat ass.

That was a bit more than you wanted but I hope it helps your purchase (or hopefully non purchase) of a weight gainer or meal replacement shake.

Creatine is once again a supplement that will help you train harder/longer so that you can get better gains and the other two will just increase your health which will again help recovery. I might also suggest some fibre supplimentation as most need it to crap properly and also it helps absorbtion of nutrients by cleaning out the ol intestines.

And yes to anyone reading this I do like brackets.

July 8, 2007 at 3:20 am #4562

@StormTrooper wrote:

I would not go for those weight gain type of shakes. I recommend WPC with some oats as a weight gainer.
    You could try some creatine 6 or 8 week cycles with 4 weeks off (note creatine does not work for me) Please stay away from testosterone booster as they are a waste of money.
    Cheers

i agree completely, “weight gainers” are a load.

Wanna put on weight, eat more.

July 8, 2007 at 9:45 am #4563

Commercial weight gainers are a rip off as well. Making your own is so much better.

@unbuff wrote:

@StormTrooper wrote:

Cheers

i agree completely, “weight gainers” are a load.

Wanna put on weight, eat more.

September 4, 2007 at 9:57 pm #4564

@CoverJ wrote:

hey guys, im after a bit of advice with supplements, like whats good and whats not. I’m looking to put on some weight as well as muscle and ive read some good stuff about Prolab N Large2 n it seems to be in front at the moment but im just gona ask yous for your opinions/suggestions and really im open for anything, even like a stack of a few supplements i’ve read a fair amount about the topic but really im in the deepend when it comes to actually selecting and differing.

Mate,
    Dont piss your money away on any of that crap, do a bit of research and you soon discover the vast majority of whats claimed is nothing but marketing bullshit desinged to fool the gullible masses.
    Honesty, if any of this stuff actualy did what it claimed we would be f****n supermen!
    The formula for weight gain is simple, eat plenty of whole natural food, get plenty of rest and train your ass off on the big multi joint movements with as much weight as you can handle.
    Just my 2 cents…

My apologys to supp company shareholders……….. 😆

September 4, 2007 at 10:40 pm #4565

Id say just invest in a decent protein shake and improve your diet.

Most supplements are just crap!

😈

September 6, 2007 at 4:17 am #4566

Take Vital Greens instead of the multivitamin. When you consume big quantities of protein, you need alkaline foods to combat the protein.

if you buy the big 1kg tub of vital greens its not too expensive, definately helps if u shop around though as the prices vary alot.

@dave wrote:

1. Fish oil and a multi-vitamin to start with.

2. Then a good protein powder that is highest in the BCAA’s (see the myopure site its pretty cheap and good quality just the taste isnt there like the store brands) and carbohydrates (dextrose and maltodextrin).

3. Then creatine.

That is all you need most other supplements are either unproven, not worth the money for the gains (large buck very low gains) or you are not in need of them yet.

Only other suggestion could be a stimulant of some kind if you are a little down at times and need the help to start training/training hard.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.