Substitutes?

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

i need to add 2 more exercises to my program and am wondering if anyone can suggest some good ones to work the Triceps and Upper Chest that they find very effective.

Already doing Incline Barbell Bench Presses also.

problem is my middle to lower chest is alot more developed then the upper chest and i dont really wanna neglect the middle to lower chest muscles for weeks to get the upper chest to the same standard. so i thought maybe by working it harder with another exercise it may help catch up. i know quantity isnt usually best but couldnt do much damage could it?

also i could use another good triceps builder to go with Standing Barbell Curls.

hope i didnt make that to confusing ๐Ÿ˜• , cheers

November 11, 2005 at 10:29 pm #1856

For triceps, apart from the obvious, I like the supinated close-grip press with an ezi-curl bar.

J

November 12, 2005 at 6:58 am #1857

For upper chest try a slight Incline Dumbbell press with palms facing in!
    almost like fly’s but keep the DB’s close to the chest.

November 12, 2005 at 12:46 pm #1858

cheers

November 16, 2005 at 3:44 am #1859

Try some close grip pullovers with the arms bent. I use a low cable 2 or 3 feet behind my head, whilst laying lengthwise on a low bench, but with an EZ bar might be similar. DA

November 27, 2005 at 1:13 am #1860

Horo, If my memory serves me correctly I’m sure Bull wrote awhile ago about a different approach to bench that I found to work quite well. As you may already know with body sculpting it’s about making the lift harder not easier as to achieve as much hypertrophy as naturally possible. His technique is as follows:

Always have someone to spot you with this. Postion yourself on the bench so that when you bring the bar down instead of hitting the lower or middle part of your chest try bringing it down so that you stop just above your throat. It is extremely uncomfortable at first for it goes against what you are used to, but why not try it?

Derek Amos wrote:
    Try some close grip pullovers with the arms bent. I use a low cable 2 or 3 feet behind my head, whilst laying lengthwise on a low bench, but with an EZ bar might be similar. DA

DA the exercise you refer to was ultimately designed at broadening the ribcage area I thought??

And Horo by the way standing curls are desinged to hit Biceps? Did you mean standing tri extention? My favorite Tricep exercise would have to be tri pushdowns and the faithful weighted dip is great for targeting both the upper chest and the triceps.

November 28, 2005 at 2:50 am #1861

@kinmassive wrote:

Horo, If my memory serves me correctly I’m sure Bull wrote awhile ago about a different approach to bench that I found to work quite well. As you may already know with body sculpting it’s about making the lift harder not easier as to achieve as much hypertrophy as naturally possible. His technique is as follows:

Always have someone to spot you with this. Postion yourself on the bench so that when you bring the bar down instead of hitting the lower or middle part of your chest try bringing it down so that you stop just above your throat. It is extremely uncomfortable at first for it goes against what you are used to, but why not try it?

This is an old Vince Gironda method..it works well for upper-chest…but as KM states always have a spotter.

November 28, 2005 at 11:26 am #1862

I have heard of that bench method but I don’t think I recommended it. Nevermind I won’t mind taking the credit.

Horo, are you sure that you need another ex? I would say no. What I am doing is put inclines first in the routine and make them the priority in terms of intensity. Follow that with two sets of bench and two sets of flyes. It is working very nicely.

Bingo. Chest is done, time to eat.

Welcome back km. ๐Ÿ˜‰

edited for crap typing.

November 29, 2005 at 2:53 am #1863

@kinmassive wrote:

DA the exercise you refer to was ultimately designed at broadening the ribcage area I thought?

KM Yeh by reshaping all the muscles in the area and pulling the rib cage about. Trusty exrx.net lists a DB pullover that is near on the exercise I do with a cable, as one of the Pectoralis (clavicular) exercises, this is only a synergistic effect though.
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/DBPullover.html
    The reason I know is it hurts my muscles for the next few days in just that area. DA

November 29, 2005 at 5:27 am #1864

I think theres been quite abit of HOO HAA over the years about whether this exercise actually does anything to the ribcage area!

November 29, 2005 at 8:44 am #1865

As Stated by Bull, Do inclines first, this area has been one of my week points too and I have found that by making it a priority (first excercise) has given me good results.

As for tricepts I like doing one arm cable reverse pressdowns, it helps develop the horseshoe shape in the tricepts.

November 30, 2005 at 1:23 pm #1866

sorry i made the topic then never have taken so long to reply but ive been as busy as hell lately and its 12.24am atm and i need sleep ๐Ÿ˜€ we all know how important that is , ill make a proper reply later today thnx for all your replys btw. ill do the majority of my posting in the newbie help section from now on

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.