STRONGMAN

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hey guys ben awhile since I had a decent post so I thought I’d give you my latest update. I placed second in the QLD amatuer titles in the light heavyweight division. 105kg div. (had to diet down from 113!)

Considering there was only two points in it and the bloke who beat me was the national champ…I was freaken stoked! πŸ˜€

The events were as follows for my division:
    1. Famers walk – 100kg ea hand for 50 metres. (23 secs)
    2. Super Yoke – 250kg for 25m (19 secs)
    3. Overhead press medley – 100kg 2″ axle clean & press
    – 90kg log clean & press
    – 70kg keg clean & press (water and sand)
    – 50kg dumbell off each shoulder (not sure on time for this)
    4. Car deadlift – 220kg for reps (only needed 7 to win so thats all I did 8) )
    5. Atlas stones – 90, 100, 110, 120, 130 (platforms started at 1.7m high then down to 1.2m) 19 secs.

All in all it was an awesome day and I learnt soooo much from this experience. I am now competing in Sydneys strongest man in 15 weeks from now. South eastern hercules in July and the Nationals in December.

Dave maybe you were onto something?? πŸ˜†

March 30, 2009 at 3:02 pm #7925

Sounds like you did pretty darn good. Maybe you need some more specific training now for a tilt a strongest light heavyweight in Aus πŸ˜€

Oh and i like it when im right about something.

March 30, 2009 at 8:32 pm #7926

Yeah training has changed completely. I have been asked to compete in the QLD titles for powerlifting but havesaid no. I will not be doing any powerlifting until I am satisfied i have reached my potential in this sport as the training is so different.

I have picked up a afewimplements and will be making more over time so Yes Dave I am looking at having a real go at the end of the year. πŸ™‚

March 31, 2009 at 8:07 am #7927

Nice lifts there kinmassive 8)

March 31, 2009 at 10:21 pm #7928

well done kinmassive
    that’s a super effort.

April 1, 2009 at 1:44 am #7929

Dont go giving him a big head now, he needs to feel weak and girly so he trains harder… Thought i would join in on how those guys you train with treat you πŸ˜€

April 1, 2009 at 8:15 am #7930

I do feel weak at the moment anyway πŸ˜† I am adjusting to my new program and it is killing me 😈

Have only done 3 out of 6 sessions and I am knackered already. Start full implement training in 3 weeks in Brissie.

April 1, 2009 at 8:16 am #7931

Might be starting a little to heavy at the moment. Maybe you should turn it down a notch

April 3, 2009 at 9:40 am #7932

Great work km. Set your sights high mate and see how far you can get.

April 3, 2009 at 10:42 am #7933

@dave wrote:

Might be starting a little to heavy at the moment. Maybe you should turn it down a notch

You are dead right Dave. I will be doing more power cardio next week and really focus on explosive movements and really good form with a little less weight. I did this for my press session today and it went really well.

I have ditched the standard olympic barbell and am now using a 2″ bar for everything. Takes some getting used to let me tell you. I have also got hold of the 6 heavy grip grippers (100-350lbs) and train with them a few days a weeks, nothing drastic as I know how easy it is to overtrain grip. Have hit 250 this week and am closing it in the right and about 5mm off the left hand. I am stuffed if I know who uses the 350!!

April 3, 2009 at 9:28 pm #7934

Hey buddy, great job during the competion. I made the cardinal mistake of not working on my deadlift at the 19 inch height. Will not make that mistake again though. Congrats on your placing!! and good luck on the other two competitions your in.

April 3, 2009 at 9:31 pm #7935
    kinmassive wrote:
    Hey guys ben awhile since I had a decent post so I thought I’d give you my latest update. I placed second in the QLD amatuer titles in the light heavyweight division. 105kg div. (had to diet down from 113!)

Considering there was only two points in it and the bloke who beat me was the national champ…I was freaken stoked! πŸ˜€

The events were as follows for my division:
    1. Famers walk – 100kg ea hand for 50 metres. (23 secs)
    2. Super Yoke – 250kg for 25m (19 secs)
    3. Overhead press medley – 100kg 2″ axle clean & press
    – 90kg log clean & press
    – 70kg keg clean & press (water and sand)
    – 50kg dumbell off each shoulder (not sure on time for this)
    4. Car deadlift – 220kg for reps (only needed 7 to win so thats all I did 8) )
    5. Atlas stones – 90, 100, 110, 120, 130 (platforms started at 1.7m high then down to 1.2m) 19 secs.

All in all it was an awesome day and I learnt soooo much from this experience. I am now competing in Sydneys strongest man in 15 weeks from now. South eastern hercules in July and the Nationals in December.

Dave maybe you were onto something?? πŸ˜†

Mate, where is the South Eastern Hercules in July? What area and where do you get info on it?

April 5, 2009 at 7:56 am #7936

Is this the american Jones I know??

My information is from the Ozstrongman website. The south eastern Hercules is in Kalbar. Big Al and Dom are running it as far as I know, other than that there is no real info on it that I can find.

April 5, 2009 at 11:21 am #7937

Whats your new training plan for powerlifting now, keen to have a looksie πŸ™‚

April 5, 2009 at 6:52 pm #7938

Thats me mate. Had a look on the OZStrongman site but nothing was there. Chris told me it was in July also. Was trying to find out more information on the events and weights of each. Excited to do another one. Took a week off after the Brissy competition. But, the first day back in the gym I was working on my partial deadlifts so the car didn’t beat me again. Was funny though, I was 104kg that morning and at 2100 that night I weighed in at 109.6!!!! See you soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.