Straight Leg Hanging Leg raises

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Straight Leg Hanging Leg raises

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hey folks I was wondering if anybody else has had positive experience with straight-leg hanging leg raises and what the experience was?

I was re-introduced to these about 6 weeks ago.I had previous experience with this exercise but only limited, then six weeks ago a guy in my local gym, with abs anyone would be proud to show-off, saw me doing cable crunches and suggested I try them.

BOY oh BOY am I glad I did.

They are not an easy exercise to perform, which is why I guess most people avoid them, but do they ever work the whole ab region and give results.
    I have slowly built up to 3 sets of 10 in very strict form, ie. legs squeezed close to together at the thighs, raise to well above waist height and slowly lower on at least a 5 sec count minimum. You must keep your shoulders locked.

I used to do the usual 3 sets weighted sit-ups, cable crunches,roman chair raises, you name I did. I have now dumped them all except for the cable crunches which I super-set with the hanging leg raises and I have made more gains in 6 weeks than I made in 16 years any other way.

In the last 2 weeks my abs have started to bulge and become hard as Macadamia nuts and I get a pump like nothing I have ever felt.

It’s amazing what the right exercise can do, now instead hitting the hip-flexors I am actually working the abs.

Cheers
    BJ

February 4, 2007 at 7:54 am #4032

Go all the way and do hanging pikes 😉

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.