Smith Machines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Been using a smith machine at home for the past 18mths for all my training but just recently joined a gym for 12mths so I can use different machines etc,mix it up a bit. I was suprised how UNSTABLE I was on bench press and squats. Had to work bloody hard to do either with good form. While I love my smithy,(training alone), It does rob you of your stabilizing ability. Anyone else found the same? πŸ˜•

September 15, 2008 at 10:56 am #6926

Proven fact, smith machines suck the life out of your stabilizers.

September 15, 2008 at 11:30 pm #6927

Do free weights for all sets except the last, then do Smiffies to concentric failure. When training alone this would support the safety aspect. DA

September 16, 2008 at 8:40 am #6928

The smith machine makes a terrific towel rack. πŸ˜€

September 16, 2008 at 12:41 pm #6929

I almost bought one, thank goodness i didnt

If you want safety u cannot go past a cage.

September 16, 2008 at 11:18 pm #6930

Yep. Reckon the towel rack is a good idea. Just got to get a cage past mummy 😈

September 16, 2008 at 11:22 pm #6931

Or maybe put her in it. 😈 😈 😈

September 17, 2008 at 12:02 am #6932

@unbuff wrote:

The truest, true, of all truths. DA

September 17, 2008 at 12:34 am #6933

It has been scientifically proven that Smith Machines are only to be used by Gay Homosexuals :lol:…………anyone finding a picture of me using one……hey I was young, in college and needed the money!

September 19, 2008 at 11:53 am #6934

I had for a long time used the smith entirely for decline and recently I went to a gym in Perth and man I wobbled like crazy too. I know do decline dumbell press.

After that little experience I try and utilise all free weight movements wherever possible, I feel a lot better for it.

September 29, 2008 at 8:50 am #6935

What do you guys recommend using if you don’t or can’t have a spotter on squats or bench etc?

Obviously you want to go all out but unable to due to safety if you don’t have someone there to spot you.

How do you guys train on your own and get this accomplished?

Cheers.

September 29, 2008 at 9:07 am #6936

@unbuff wrote:

This guy knows what he’s talking about.

September 29, 2008 at 11:44 am #6937

@aussieinor wrote:

What do you guys recommend using if you don’t or can’t have a spotter on squats or bench etc?

Obviously you want to go all out but unable to due to safety if you don’t have someone there to spot you.

Cheers.

You can still push yourself without the use of a smith. Just set up safety bars so that you can drop the sucker anytime.

September 30, 2008 at 12:07 am #6938

@kinmassive wrote:

@aussieinor wrote:

Cheers.

You can still push yourself without the use of a smith. Just set up safety bars so that you can drop the sucker anytime.

IN A CAGE, SAFE AS HOUSES TO TOTAL EXHAUSTION – NO PROBLEM. DA

September 30, 2008 at 5:23 am #6939

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Looking forward to getting back to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.