sleep, urine, help

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / sleep, urine, help

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Not sure if this is the right section, but here we go.

ive really improved my diet over the last 4 – 6 weeks, and have been putting the time and effort in at the gym for the same period of time.
    eating on average 5 meals spaced out over the day, protein shake before and after workouts, taking a multivitamin daily, and drinking 1.5- 2 litres of water each day.

as a result (< ----i think) my urine is pretty much glow in the dark yellow/green first thing in the morning, but clears out during the day, i guess as my body processes the water that is consumed during the day. my sleep pattern has pretty much been 2130-0715, so im getting more than the recommended 8 hours a night, but i am just so tired during the day, bags under the eyes, yawning etc. do any of you guys find these things happening to you?
    is it part and parcel of going to the gym?

you all seem to be pretty well clued up on supplements and all that jazz, do u think it would be worthwhile consulting a doctor about getting some sleeping pills or maybe a naturpath?

cheers

June 19, 2007 at 6:18 am #4489

when are you taking your multivitamin?
    i have heard that taking them at night can cause disrupt to sleeping patterns

June 19, 2007 at 6:25 am #4490

i take it just before a meal at around 1830.
    you might be onto something there mate
    might start taking it around midday

June 19, 2007 at 7:09 am #4491

or take it with breakfast or after training if you train in the morning.

worth a go, it might not help but at least it will be one thing crossed off the list.

June 20, 2007 at 4:23 am #4492

You could be missing Zinc supplementation, as in – take ZMA which has traces of other minerals etc in it as well. Bodybuilding uses up Zinc especially, and extra supplementation is necessary for full recovery. It will help you sleep better at night also. DA

June 20, 2007 at 6:36 am #4493

ive actually got a zinc replacement powder tucked away in the cupboard, for when i was getting over an infection, might start getting back on that then.

ta boys

June 20, 2007 at 10:10 pm #4494

Take the multi first thing in the morning. Forgot to check the color of my urine this morning ๐Ÿ™‚ but vitamins (especially B) with change the color quick smart.

Also you’re dehydrating while you sleep so urine will be more concentrated first thing.

Are you sure tiredness isn’t a sign of overtraining?

June 22, 2007 at 4:52 am #4495

You don’t need a sleeping pill if you are getting 9+ hours a night!

And the multi would be making you glow in the morning – take it with breakky instead. When your diet is really kicking into action you can even drop the multi.

What is IN your meals during the day? Revealing a bit more detail may just give the answers you are looking for…

Up the water intake gradually. Increase daily by say 200mls in the first week, then another 200mls the next… Sure you’ll be visitng the trough more often but that will mean more fluid getting through your system.

You are on the right track, don’t get disheartened.

June 22, 2007 at 7:04 am #4496

have started the multi in the morning now. ta

diet is hard to put down, as it changes

but breakfast consists of:
    bowl of nutri grain with skim milk
    protein shake on non training days

mid morning snack is usually a bbq pork vietnamese roll from a local store.

lunch is anything from either HJ’s/subway on occasions ๐Ÿ˜ณ (one habit i am trying so hard to kick)
    hot spud with chicken/salad/sour cream,
    or something that revolves around a kitchen when im not at work. a fry up of a bean cuisine (lol) tinned bean concoction, with added bacon, onion, tomato’s, capsicum and tuna is a favourite of late.

arvo snack
    a decent sized portion of flavoured greek yoghurt form the market or muffins or something similar

dinner
    tuna morney/steaks/chicken breast/stir fry whatever we get around to cooking.

pre workout shake on gym days
    post shake afterwards

try and knock off some maggii noodles with either tuna put through it, or green beans before bed.

thats a rough idea

June 22, 2007 at 7:46 am #4497

thats horrible… ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

June 22, 2007 at 7:48 am #4498

eggs and oats for brekky, then
    roughly every 2.5 – 3 hrs eat
    meat/vegies/potatoe or rice

before bed cottage cheese or casein shake..
    Done

June 23, 2007 at 2:58 am #4499

http://www.xyris.com.au/professional/download.htm

Hi – IMHO Ur problem is your diet – ur diet looks jus like mine used to!

-Click on the above link
    -Download the foodworks program
    -start the free trial
    -input that you are trying to build muscle
    -put in all the food you eat day to day & your vitamins – be brutally honest

should help ๐Ÿ™‚

June 23, 2007 at 3:27 am #4500

Nice link Swiz…

June 23, 2007 at 12:59 pm #4501

Time to break the processed carb addiction!

Dump the processed breakfast, processed morning snack, processed lunch, processed night time snack.

Get the hint?

If you MUST have bread – make it whole/multigrain and certainly no more than 2 slices a day. No butter/marg either.

Nice link swiz.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.