Shoulder Strain

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

About three weeks ago I wrestled with a guy who was a lot bigger and a lot stronger than me and guess what…I came off second best. I beat him with technique on the cards but now I am suffering what feels like a seriously strained left shoulder.

It felt weird for a few days after the fight but I never took any notice of it for it never hurt? But The last few times I’ve been to the gym I’ve noticed how weak that whole side has become because of it.

Eg usually I’ll do 25-30 dumbell curls. Tonight 10kgs just 😯 Then I went to training and found it nearly impossible to hold a pad up above my waist after 5mins or so. It doesn’t hurt it just feels as though I have a really weak left shoulder and a really strong right one.

I am obviously going to go and see someone about it, but I was wondering whether or not anyone here has suffered from the same ailment and if so how long does it take to heal, if ever??? πŸ˜₯

May 10, 2007 at 6:26 am #4340

dude see a doctor! stop the weights too, if its strained than its injured and your gonna make it worse.

keep alternating it with icepack and heat packs and take some anti-inflammatory.

May 10, 2007 at 7:39 am #4341

@big_phi wrote:

keep alternating it with icepack and heat packs and take some anti-inflammatory.

So your that doctor are you?

May 10, 2007 at 7:47 am #4342

That remedy is for the first two days. This injury is three weeks old. It has actually started to hurt today, nothing major just sort of aches a bit. It was hard to hold the oxy above chest height for to long and even harder to lift the tallie on the way home πŸ˜† .

May 11, 2007 at 4:25 am #4343

well I went to the quack and I have something like slight tendinitis and have been told to drop the work rate on that shoulder back to a 1/4 until it heals or I could cause myself a mischef πŸ˜₯ .At least it will heal. πŸ™„

May 11, 2007 at 6:08 am #4344

consider urself very lucky man, thats the best news ive heard today so far.

I’m still having niggling problems with the right shoulder, pain in the arse (or shoulder) when ur in the middle of close grip benchs and it starts up and u cant continue the set.

May 11, 2007 at 8:37 am #4345

I certainly don’t envy you mate. I didn’t realize how much I take my body and the functions it performs for granted.

The thought of not being able to exercise again properly really freaked me out there for a bit.

May 11, 2007 at 9:15 am #4346

Yeah, that’s good news KM.

It’s worth looking after the shoulders so best to back off till they’re better.

Good time to prioritise those pull ups if they don’t aggrevate the shoulder.

July 16, 2007 at 10:01 am #4347

Just an update for those interested. I am lifting heavy again on all lifts other than:
    – Dumbell curls
    – Hang snatches
    – Any lateral raise

Feeling alot better but am still having strength problems at work because of it. And have had to give the fight training away for awhile (maybe for good??) for fear of doing serious damage. I am also doing 10 rep chins x 2 and 1 x 6-8, so yeah priororitisation works.

October 21, 2007 at 9:13 am #4348

One more update.

My shoulder is fully functional again and I am lifting better than ever. I still have click in it if i go past a certain point but I’ve always had a little problem with that.

πŸ˜€ So alls good.

October 21, 2007 at 10:54 am #4349

glad to hear ur back up and running. Show those weights whos boss!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.