roids, substitutes and supplements

Home / Forums / Pharmaceutica / roids, substitutes and supplements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    March 13, 2006 at 5:48 am #497

Hey,
    I’m James just currently i finished a personal trainer course where we were taught “drugs are bad m k” .
    I’ve come to realise i need a booster in my training , my nutrition is right and my training is right but i need better gains, my question is

1. are their any supplements i can take together that have steroid like effects to gain bigger and more baulky muscle.

2. Secondly whats HMB and what are it’s benefits and

3. thirdly how many different forms of steroids are their, can u get drinkable and tablet forms or is it just the injectable type? (Even though i no their highly ilegal in Aus it’s still interesting to find out about it)

March 14, 2006 at 1:18 am #2459

one thing watch out on what they teach you about training in personal training courses, they are very outdated and general in their teaching. post up your program and let people check it out and you will know where you are at training wise.

2. HMB… waste of time.

1. Nothing has a steroid like effect besides steriods, no matter what they say. Creatine might be a good help, eating a hell of a lot of food is a good help, proper timed nutrition is also a good help, You could also try testosterone boosting (supposedly) supplements like Tribex (from myopure) or Alpha Male (from biotest) they are expensive and may not work but you could always give them a try. Prohormones are illegal in australia and now the US so you cant really get those.

3. Tablet form, Injectable, and patches (from doctor very weak).

March 14, 2006 at 2:34 am #2460

Gotta agree with Dave

Anonymous
    March 14, 2006 at 8:34 am #2461

Thanks guys,
    Currently i’m doing the AIF personal trainer course which provides little on nutrition anatomically but along with that i’m aged 20 and have battled my whole life to put on weight and i’m looking to expand my knowledge in that area, but besides that its fairly sweet as i was a mere twig till just recently. My dad owns a fruit and vegetable shop and with my mum being the cook of the house i can tell u i’m nearly 100% sure im getting what i need (along with GNC multi vitamin tablets).
    My follow up question is this im eating 4-5 times a day maybe not enough but are their certain foods that will help better than others on better gains.
    Secondly the reason why i asked about testosterone effecting supplements is because i honestly believe a boost in t could be beneficial, anywho im going for blood tests to check out whats going on at the doc. thanks for the help guys.

March 14, 2006 at 9:05 am #2462

Whadaya mean you’ve battled to put on weight ‘all’ your life!? Your 20 yrs old. Realistically you’ve had about three yrs to start muscle gains. Meaning your test levels are awesome RIGHT NOW. You are at the perfect age to start weight training and get really good gains. So don’t be in such a bloody hurry to ruin your ligaments and do some actual training and eat well for awhile (2yrs minimum). If then you haven’t had any gains…train harder! 👿

March 14, 2006 at 8:57 pm #2463

@kinmassive wrote:

Whadaya mean you’ve battled to put on weight ‘all’ your life!? Your 20 yrs old.

😆

If you’re training well and you’re not putting on weight their are just two reasons. 1) You’ve got a serious illness or 2) You’re not eating enough.

Usually there’s other stuff to tip off 1) so it’s most likely 2).

How many calories do you take in every day?

J

Anonymous
    March 15, 2006 at 7:03 am #2464

Thanks for the help guys, i was originally 59.8kg in 2004 it’s 2006 and i’ve only gotten up to 62kg trust me i’m thin and have been training for 2years now , i’m supposed to have something like 4,000 calories a day. I do stuff my face but at times i find it hard to eat coz i feel full. What could i do then becides spacing out my eating periods which i do (7am, 10am 1pm, 6pm). Thanks for the help guys , it just is i wanna get the most out of my body to the full potential!

March 15, 2006 at 9:40 am #2465

AIF courses… expensive! Now about your eating. After training (im talking runs and weights etc) stuff your face, hit a protein shake before training, take one after, then an hour after that down some sandwiches or rice with meat or pasta and meat, then 2 hours after that do it again. If that doesnt help you put on weight I dont know what will. Next make sure your breakfast is nice a large, you seem to be eating a lot of meals throughout the day which is good add what i wrote before in and you should up the calories by a fair bit. And lastly what kind of “cardio” are you doing if any at all. If its not essential to your sport cut it out it will lower your calorie needs and help you make more gains, you can always add it in later in smaller amounts, it all depends on what you want. What kinmassive said before was totally right your testosterone is about the best it will be and roids would totally ruin you right now you probably have one hell of a fast metabolism and your T levels are most likely great.

Oh and this may not be nutrionally sound but shit if you have to chuck in some high calorie junk post training that wont fill you up quick, hey it wont make you fat and at your age im sure a little crap isnt going to kill you if you keep the rest of your day clean and healthy then it wont matter a bit.

Just read this after posting:

Need another example? From ages 17 to 21 I went from 135 to 230 pounds (at a height of 5’8″) by eating literally all day long. By the time I was 230, I was eating over 7,000 calories per day. And during this time I had three part-time jobs and was a full-time student. So yes, it’s possible to do this and still have a life.

Comes from the article The Dave Tate Project on http://www.t-nation.com its a little bit of the opposite of you but you may get the picture on how much you really need to eat to get bigger.

Anonymous
    March 15, 2006 at 1:06 pm #2466

Thanks dave you are a great help thats what i wanted someone to do. Go into detail! I appreciate everyones time and effort to help me out and shall take on board everyones thoughts and opinions, thanks again,
    Little Jimmy

September 2, 2006 at 12:58 pm #2467

@fruitman20 wrote:

Thanks for the help guys, i was originally 59.8kg in 2004 it’s 2006 and i’ve only gotten up to 62kg trust me i’m thin and have been training for 2years now , i’m supposed to have something like 4,000 calories a day. I do stuff my face but at times i find it hard to eat coz i feel full. What could i do then becides spacing out my eating periods which i do (7am, 10am 1pm, 6pm). Thanks for the help guys , it just is i wanna get the most out of my body to the full potential!

I put on nearly 20kg naturally from 19 y/o to 21 y/o. Your not eating or training with enought intensity. Why does everyone want a shortcut at this age? Eat damn it…

September 2, 2006 at 9:51 pm #2468

This is what upsets me about the whole PT thing. They will will charge you a frickin’ fortune to do the course and you end up with a nice little cert to put on your wall next to your chess trophy’s and a chest full of confidence thinking you now know all.

This is a prime example of what they don’t teach you. I’ve done the course and it’s pus! I left halfway through it for the actual emphasis was not directed where it should be and also the PEOPLE….fuck me! I have honestly never met such a rag tag, know bugger all about training group of people in my life.

James try and forget most of what they taught you unless you are thinking of taking it one step further and studying for your diploma in fitness SRF50204. Your training and education has just begun realistically. If you open your ears and your eyes in the gym world you will learn shit loads. Please for christ’s sake don’t become one of the 2million stuck up, don’t question me for I’ve got a certIV kind of trainer.

Oh yeah good luck with the weight gain. 😀

September 2, 2006 at 11:08 pm #2469

so true about the AIF teachers, so incredibly fake… my 2 cents is; eat eat eat… i feel that i was a hardgainer, but i am thinking i might have been wrong now… i was 49kg, 5’6″ and over 7 months managed to get my weight up to 57kg i think just by eating like an absolute pig, yes i got a little fat on too, but my abs are still visible so i am happy that most gains were muscular… weight gain shakes work well with adding easy calories but can be expensive; the main problem i had was not physically being able to eat enough, now i spend about and hour to hour and a half at most meals just eating slowly getting as much down as possible… its hard work, and also i train extremely hard.

February 15, 2007 at 3:35 am #2470

Jimmy,
    the other guys above are spot on dude. you gotta just eat and eat.

its all well and good to say it and to understand it, but doing it is a different thing. iv been training a few years now but only eating as much as i can(and THEN having a protein shake) for roughly 6 months, and by god does it make a difference.
    call me slow or dumb but i think you dont know how much you can really eat til you try and it will probably shock you!

the good news is, it does get easier. your stomach stretches and you get used to being full regularly. also your metabolism will speed up and you’ll feel hungrier.

An example of this idea is: get some of the myopure egg white powder, mix a bunch of that up, throw in a few whole eggs, scramble, add a bit of toast, and maybe some steamed vegies, and maybe a spoon of peanut butter and thats a good 1st breakfast! repeat in 1-2hrs.

good luck dude, forming the habits is half the struggle!

February 21, 2007 at 5:37 am #2471

talking naturally…

Lets be clear – you cant be serious when you say eat everything that you can! Were not all gigantasours like ronnie coleman

I diagree. If you eat toooo much protein you will damage your liver and body.

I reckon you have to eat the right amount for the type of gain you are looking for, ive been told this takes knowlege and experiance.

If you just eat whatever you can whenever you can you will just become FAT.

February 21, 2007 at 11:28 am #2472

If you eat toooo much protein you will damage your liver and body

show me a study on this..man evolved eating high protein diets…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.