Resistance bands or tubes

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Resistance bands or tubes

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

I didn’t see any other posts for this topic.

I’m looking to buy some resistance bands or tubes (ike Bodylastics or Power Bands) as they are compact and easy to take around,

Had a few questions if anyone knows:

1. What is the best type to buy, any recommended brands?
    2. Where is a good shop in Sydney that will have them, or online shop?
    3. Are they actually any good? Maybe that should be the first question…

Cheers

ps. Happy Australia Day, Aussie Aussie Aussie. =)

January 26, 2009 at 10:19 pm #7698

This site was posted as the best around, some months ago http://www.kettlebells.com.au/store/power-bands-advanced-pack.html
    DA

January 26, 2009 at 11:49 pm #7699

If you by basic bands from a sports shop then they are good for rehab and thats about it. Stronger ones that are designed for lifters are better BUT they do not work your muscles as good as a weight set. It is easier at the start and harder at the end instead of constant all the way through. Good tool for using when lifting to add extra resitance at the end of the movement but on their own they are not as effective.

January 27, 2009 at 2:59 am #7700

Are you a powerlifter or something similar? If not then you have no real reason to use them at all, if so then they are great for speed days.

January 28, 2009 at 9:26 pm #7701

Great, thanks for that info.
    I’m not any sort of powerlifter, just want something that I can take with me when I’m away. I guess it will be an improvement over just pushups and situps etc.
    I’ll have a look at the kettlebells website, thanks again.

January 28, 2009 at 10:29 pm #7702

Pushups are probably the best option. Add some weight of any kind to a back pack, elevate your feet higher and higher etc etc much more effective than bands. Also try one legged squats they are hard at first but with a little practice and training you should get yourself all the way down and they are great leg builders.

February 9, 2009 at 12:48 am #7703

Ive used bands for my MMA training and they are very good, heres a site I bought mine from where you can get heavy ones….:

http://www.ihpfit.com/shop/fitness-equipment/jc-band-products/superbands.html

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.