recipes and food ideas

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / recipes and food ideas

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hey guys, I initially wanted to ask something about tuna but I realised that there is probly a whole bunch of other questions I will want to ask about other food ideas, so if you have any good ideas/recipes feel free to post em up.

Anyway, back to the tuna, I usually just eat it straight with some olives on the side or in a salad with tomatoes, lettuce etc. This is however gettin very dull on the tastebuds, so i thought id ask how you prepare your tuna.

Any other quick and easy recipes that are easy to take with you during the day (work, uni etc) are also of my interest πŸ™‚

January 10, 2008 at 9:04 am #5853

I an now using the Tuna in water but it taste bland, so I add alittle low fat mayonnaise.
    If you like mayo that is. πŸ™‚

January 10, 2008 at 10:01 am #5854

i shall give it a try, thanx πŸ™‚

January 10, 2008 at 8:51 pm #5855

The problem with canned tuna is that it’s so dry. Anything, like mayo, that moistens it up will help.

Raw whole tuna is the way to go though.

And half seriously, to much canned tuna is worse than too many shakes.

My preference is for whole canned fish especially when low carbing it. Better nutrient mix and the fish used tend to be at the bottom of the food chain.

Yesterdays snack was left over steak, thinly sliced, then dipped in wasabi and a smidgen of soy sauce.

January 11, 2008 at 12:16 am #5856

@Dr J wrote:

Why? Half my protien intake is canned tuna. I dont find it dry at all, i usually have tuna in brine, or vegetable oil and i dont have a problem downing it.

January 11, 2008 at 12:33 am #5857

i usually get the tuna in vege oil, but once i drain it its dry as paper, so i usually eat it with most of the oil in there πŸ˜• which we all know cant be that good for me since i eat tuna every day

January 12, 2008 at 11:32 pm #5858

@unbuff wrote:

@Dr J wrote:

Why? Half my protien intake is canned tuna. I dont find it dry at all, i usually have tuna in brine, or vegetable oil and i dont have a problem downing it.

Well if you said half you’re protein source was from chicken I’d also be concerned. Chicken contains residual hormones and anti-biotics. Tuna is far enough up (or is it down) the food chain to have more heavy metal residue than say a sardine or shrimp. Flavored and sweetened protien powder mixes contain, well sweetners and flavors. Too much of any one could lead to issues associated with those little ‘extras’ that each contain.

So in my opinion it’s best to mix it up.

And I feel that if you can’t get enough protein from a good variety of whole food protein sources natural whey protein is the best choice to double or triple up on. No flavors or sweetners, tested and controlled for residual heavy metals, anti-biotics and other stuff.

It’s unfortunate this sounds like a ad but my opinion would be the same even if we weren’t in the protein powder business.

January 14, 2008 at 10:15 pm #5859

Well if you said half you’re protein source was from chicken I’d also be concerned. Chicken contains residual hormones and anti-biotics.

You might want to acknowldge that not all chicken contains residual hormones and and anti-biotics.

I live on a diet of chicken and steak and always make sure that what I buy is certified hormone free and organic.

January 15, 2008 at 5:16 am #5860

@BrackleyBoy wrote:

Well if you said half you’re protein source was from chicken I’d also be concerned. Chicken contains residual hormones and anti-biotics.

You might want to acknowldge that not all chicken contains residual hormones and and anti-biotics.

I live on a diet of chicken and steak and always make sure that what I buy is certified hormone free and organic.

The post was already getting to long but, yes, you’re right about organic sources of chicken and beef.

I’d still like a bit more variety than two protein sources though.

January 15, 2008 at 6:17 am #5861

I’ll second that. But I pretty much eat anything I can at times to feed my ravenous hunger…or worms ha ha πŸ˜€

My protein sources consist of:
    – Chicken
    – Milk
    – WPI
    – Steak
    – Eggs
    – Tuna (but damn I have eaten this shit nearly every way possible and am just about over the tuna breath and the smell it leaves on my fingers, I know MAN UP I can hear you all saying it now πŸ˜† )
    – Fish

And everything else like I said. As far as recipies are concerned try this link. http://www.building-muscle101.com/body-building-recipes.html#Link1

There are shit loads of different recipies available. Google ‘Bodybuilding recipies’ and have a look at what you get. πŸ˜‰

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.