Real or fake?

Home / Forums / Sound Off / Real or fake?

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Since there seem to be a few compeditive bodybuilders here I was curious how you guys.. um.. ‘colour up’ for a show.
    Since we all want to avoid the inconvenience of having large wedges of flesh carved from our bodys due to those pesky malignant cancers, the trend amongst the sun savy seems to be that rub on tan in a bottle or the spray tan option.

Now I cant ever recall seeing a fake tan that didn’t make the wearer appear to be suffering from advanced liver failure or jaundice, but with our hatefull, bearly filterd sun giving all us anglos tumors, what options are left?

And anyone not a compeditive BB feel free to chime in.
    ( but you should prepare a good reason why….)

I read somewhere that natural sunlight also helps draw water from the skin, thus helping with definition.

What say ye?

December 4, 2008 at 2:50 am #7436

Dave,
    The hairdressers my wife goes to had a 2 for 1 spray tan deal going. My wife “talked me into it.” After a bit of hesitation I got it done. It turned out awesome. The colour was brown not orange and it made such a difference to the muscle definition. The only problem was that the lady didn’t really spray my hands or face, next time I would make sure they did that. One other thing thats a problem is that its an instant transformation so anyone that sees you on a daily basis will know that you have had it done.

December 4, 2008 at 6:21 am #7437

Always need a base coat – The standard is “Protan”. Its a dark liquid which you paint yourself up in. Usually 3 coats does the job.

Then on the day of the show you use ‘Dream Tan’ which is like a thick clay that you slap on.

In that states no one really uses ‘Dream Tan’ though. Most people prefer to use “Jan Tana competition colour” which is a foam based tan that goes on with a sponge. It all depends on what you can get your hands on. DreamTan is very popular here cause its easily accessible.

The problem with spray ons is that its not dark enough. If you try explaining that you need to be “dark” to the tanning girls they give you a shock horror look. 😯

December 6, 2008 at 10:58 am #7438

A few of the guys I know who compete inject their tans 😯 I know. I’ll find out what it is.

December 7, 2008 at 4:34 am #7439

Melanotan II

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.