pre made protein drinks

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / pre made protein drinks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys

What is everybody’s opinion of pre made protein drinks? I currently slam a chocolate aussie bodies protein drink after my workout.they taste tremendous.

Are these drinks any good? I read somewhere that u should not drink them as the protein is far less then what it says on the label?

Now these can get pricey. $5 at the gym $3.50 at woolies. I dont mind paying this price as i dont drink and a scooner costs like $3.70 from memory πŸ™‚

May 27, 2009 at 9:44 am #8289

my opinion is that they’re pricey, and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was less protien then what they put on the label.

Cant go wrong with whey. Measure it to your needs.

May 27, 2009 at 10:47 am #8290

Have a good look at the blend of proteins in the ingredients list. If it says soy (which it probably will) then avoid them.

Make sure that the blend is suitable to your purpose.

I understand your point about the cost but if you can do it cheaper then it still makes sense to avoid them.

May 28, 2009 at 12:45 am #8291

Your probably better off eating a banana or two post workout, thats what you’re body’s realy crying out for, and drinking the shake before you go to bed cos we only grow when we sleep apperarently.

May 28, 2009 at 6:37 am #8292

@Dave996 wrote:

Your probably better off eating a banana or two post workout,

yup, and u can also make a banana into a vagina, so its a win win situation.

May 28, 2009 at 7:17 am #8293

πŸ˜† WTF!!!??? πŸ˜†

I think you have been single for faaaar to long.

May 28, 2009 at 8:23 am #8294

@unbuff wrote:

@Dave996 wrote:

Your probably better off eating a banana or two post workout,

yup, and u can also make a banana into a vagina, so its a win win situation.

Yep, it’s a sexy, versatile fruit alright.

My suggestion is a bit of a careless double entendre though, cos there are certain gyms in Sydney where ‘eating a banana or two post workout’ takes on a whole different meaning, particuarly around madi gras time…

June 1, 2009 at 6:00 am #8295

@Professer X wrote:

Hi Guys

What is everybody’s opinion of pre made protein drinks? I currently slam a chocolate aussie bodies protein drink after my workout.they taste tremendous.

Are these drinks any good? I read somewhere that u should not drink them as the protein is far less then what it says on the label?

Now these can get pricey. $5 at the gym $3.50 at woolies. I dont mind paying this price as i dont drink and a scooner costs like $3.70 from memory πŸ™‚

Poor choice – those pre made drinks contain skim milk……Have enough of those and you’ll get the shits.

Problem is you dont know where the protein is coming from. You might as well drink a carton of skim milk and put some milo in it to get the same effect. Save your $$ and get a real whey and add your carbohydrate of choice after.

June 1, 2009 at 6:03 am #8296

@Dave996 wrote:

Your probably better off eating a banana or two post workout, thats what you’re body’s realy crying out for, and drinking the shake before you go to bed cos we only grow when we sleep apperarently.

Fruits dont replenish muscle glycogen stores very well…..They replenish liver glycogen (i.e not the primary goal post workout)

The OP is better off eating a fast digesting carb of his/her choice that does not include fructose if maximal protein synthesis is the goal.

June 1, 2009 at 9:56 pm #8297

@bodytek wrote:

@Dave996 wrote:

Fruits dont replenish muscle glycogen stores very well…..They replenish liver glycogen (i.e not the primary goal post workout)

The OP is better off eating a fast digesting carb of his/her choice that does not include fructose if maximal protein synthesis is the goal.

How about something like this then:

Light milk
    Oats
    Splash of honey, blended vigoriously.

To be honest, the more I look into it, all this hype surrounding protein seems a bit concocted – surprise, surprise. Most of us are probably getting plenty ( or at least all our bodies can assimilate ) on a regular healthy diet without cramming extra whey and mountains of chicken breast down our cakeholes daily.
    Ive changed my eating habbits of late and feel better for it, so I guess I’ll find out for myself.

I suspect if a site like T Nation ever promoted a protien suppository, bodybuilders couldn’t order it and shove it up their arses fast enough..

I might add, I enjoy the fine articles and fitness models on T Naiton immencely..

June 2, 2009 at 8:01 am #8298

Among the fruits Cherries have a better balance of
    glucose & fructose, and could be used as a sweetener for a protein & glycogen replenishing post workout shake.

Fruit…… Total Sugar………Fructose……Glucose
    cherries (1 cup)…..14…………. .6…………8

DA

June 2, 2009 at 8:12 am #8299

Fructose is the devil πŸ™‚

June 2, 2009 at 10:06 am #8300

Here’s biotests new supplement ad thanks to Dave996.

Hey if you shove this 100g protein pill up your ass you will grow 127.2% more muscle over other protein supplement*

*other supplement may have been 1g protein powder administered through the nose

June 3, 2009 at 1:18 am #8301

@dave wrote:

Here’s biotests new supplement ad thanks to Dave996.

Hey if you shove this 100g protein pill up your ass you will grow 127.2% more muscle over other protein supplement*

*other supplement may have been 1g protein powder administered through the nose

Ha ha ha……………….mmmm……link?..

June 3, 2009 at 2:59 am #8302

T-nation has dropped the ball with their website.It use to be the place to “go” but one of the main guys named TC has always givin shit and talked shit about bill phillips and how he ruined muscle media.Well in my opinion TC is doing the same thing to t-nation.

Smart in a way though as biotest would be making a packet with their supps due to all the new helpless newbies signing up and T-nation promoting their products in every single article and reccomending 400-500 grams of protein a day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.