Powerlifters

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi everyone!

Any powerlifters here by any chance?

November 1, 2011 at 1:28 am #9141

Hey mate yeah i own/run a strength and conditioning gym.

Gym – PTC Sydney (there are different branches of PTC Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne and Adelaide)
    Website – http://www.PTCsydney.com.au

i train and hold club powerlifting comps as well.

About myself –
    Ive also competed at the national level in CAPO
    Currently hold – 3 national under 82kg class/masters division
    and national 75kg bench press @ 125kg

November 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm #9142

COOL!!

Mate I to have competed under CAPO and now that Pete is runniing things I am dead keen to give it another crack next year. I am interested in as much training information as possible. Do follow a template or do you merely combine your own style of training? This owuld obviously include:

1. Off season
    2. Pre comp
    3. Comp

And what are your thoughts on diet when it comes to PL, keeping in mind the catergories we want to lift in?

November 7, 2011 at 12:04 am #9143

yeah pete is turning capo around from where it was before. Its good to see. Lots of polotics in powerlifting like any other sport such as strongman (ive heard its even crazier in strongman)

I follow a template customed for my work lifestyle but generally i have my members
    do a long 10 week linear progression (ass 2.5kg to each major lift except bench which is 1kg)
    Then 5 weeks from comp run a crazy smolov or short training cycle to pick up rapidly on strength. Only problem with this is that u could get injuries as your squattig at 90% of 1rm for example 3 times a week.
    But the rewards are very worth it IF u make it through. But since your already a strongman competitor ALOT of your strength would transfer EASILy into powerlifting. Pete and a few others are prime examples of it.

With diet – Just eat the right amount of macros and stay around 2-3kg over your comp bodyweight (too many time have i seen guys try to make weight but cant because they LOVE their food!!) :mrgreen: .. U can suana/water load it off easily (the 2-3kg) in a few days before the comp. Then rehydrate it back on comp day especially if its a capo comp where its 24 hour weigh in.

November 7, 2011 at 12:27 am #9144

Ta.
    I will look into those styles some more.

BTW I haven’t competed in strongman for some time…I really need to change my picture. And yes Strongman is highly influenced by politics but only beacuse it is run by mainly douchebags and dickheads. Then you have the ‘athletes’ who are mostly over weight guys excusing their eating habits and lack the strength that the 90kg competitors had when I competed….the sport of strongman in Oz is and always has been a bit of a joke.

Just ask Pete and I am sure he will agree.

November 7, 2011 at 3:28 am #9145

som people refuse to eat clean or in moderation. Ive seen some 90kg guys with good physiques outlift guys in the 100s. I know there are leverages in powerlifting with having a bit of fat .. but geez u do wonder about some of the guys in the 100kg + class and what they eat.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.