pills, sups n protein… when to take em?

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / pills, sups n protein… when to take em?

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

hey hows everyone going?
    long time no see.

ill get straight to the point…

im starting a new, program, pretty much im going to bulk for a few weeks
    then try to cut as much as possible (gotta love dreams)

now the point: ive got a stack of supliments, and i need to sequence them correctly.

WPC
    CC
    L-carnitine
    Omega 3 pills
    L-glutamine
    Creatine monohydrate
    Dextrose
    tribulus (dodgey quality)
    maybe an EC stack

now lets see, anything else i need?
    and when to take them? (as for creatine and L-glutamine competing and so forth)

pretty much.. its beach season and i want to bulk then cut pretty quick.
    (i love my dreams)
    ive been making some pretty decent gains (well for me) over the past month or so, since ive increased my program.
    [/b]

November 29, 2005 at 9:32 am #1771

Sounds like you got too many sups, I would look to see if your nutrition is right, you can jam all that stuff in, and make good gains, however they are SUPPLIMENTS and will not replace a good nutrition plan that focuses on gaining lean muscle mass I would say that if you don’t know when to take these sups, its a good chance your nutrition plan is sorely lacking and I would start there before taking any of them.

November 29, 2005 at 11:42 am #1772

WPC – mid morning & late afternoon.
    CC – just before bed.
    L-carnitine – 10 mins before exercise
    Glutamine – first up in the morning & with your late shake
    omega 3 tabs – breakfast, lunch & dinner
    Creatine mixed with dextrose – within 15 mins of work out completion
    Tribulus – 2 or 3 times daily (bottle should specify doses)

June 22, 2006 at 7:23 am #1773

Instead of using L-carnitine, use ALC..acytle-carnitine…it is so much stronger than L- carnitine….

June 24, 2006 at 1:11 am #1774

With your omega-3 pills you might want to consider flaxseed oil in the future. Its got omega’s 3, 6 & 9. Its actually more important to get the ratio’s right rather than just heaps of one. But at least you have it in there, i find essential oils are a great sup.

Kinmassive was spot on with timings as well. Definately want to smash a post workout shake within 45mins of training, after your creatine carb mix. I usually mix my L-glut with the creatine cos it is absorbed so well after workouts.

L-glut and Creatine work best in combination, a synergy if you will. But as Big Weir tried to say you gotta eat hard and healthy before supps will benefit. Just my experience.

June 24, 2006 at 6:59 am #1775

@Atlas wrote:

With your omega-3 pills you might want to consider flaxseed oil in the future. Its got omega’s 3, 6 & 9. Its actually more important to get the ratio’s right rather than just heaps of one. But at least you have it in there, i find essential oils are a great sup.

Totally disagree with this.
    Modern diets already contain way too much omega 6 & 9 and small quantities of omega 3. Omega 3 is lacking is everyones diet.

Also, flax seed oil is very poorly converted into DHA/EPA by the body. IIRC the conversion rate is something like 7%, and thats only if all the required thing are present for conversion to take place.

June 24, 2006 at 7:17 am #1776

Yes, Andrew69 is correct. I used to be a flax seed oil maniac but I’ve cut way back now.

Although it does have around 15% 6 and a similar amount of 9, it’s mostly 3 – 60%. So it should go some way to redressing the omega fat imbalance.

Berardi recommends a tablespoon a day IF you’re also taking fish oil.

Virgin Olive oil is also a good fat choice.

J

June 27, 2006 at 7:48 am #1777

Well it looks like ive misread something along the way! Thanks for the correction. looks like i will be stocking up on some Fish oil very soon

July 25, 2006 at 2:31 am #1778

@Dr J wrote:

Yes, Andrew69 is correct. I used to be a flax seed oil maniac but I’ve cut way back now.

Although it does have around 15% 6 and a similar amount of 9, it’s mostly 3 – 60%. So it should go some way to redressing the omega fat imbalance.

Berardi recommends a tablespoon a day IF you’re also taking fish oil.

Virgin Olive oil is also a good fat choice.

J

I take a teaspoon of Olive oil in every protein shake…hey presto no squeaks 😀

August 5, 2006 at 8:22 am #1779

just putting it out there; if you dont wanna bother with those carb powders, dextrose and the other, i find that just adding normal sugar to a protein shake provides a sufficient insulin spike, this was brought to my attention by a friend who won a NZ bodybuilding title so i guess he knows what hes talking about… He also said that he relied heaps on glutamine for his results just a bit of food for thought, what do you guys think?

August 5, 2006 at 11:50 pm #1780

I used to train with an Australasian heavyweight and he loved glutamine and jelly beans!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.