personal training courses?

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / personal training courses?

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

anyone done any PT courses in melbourne?

cert 3 and 3

May 24, 2010 at 10:06 am #8834

I have done one part of them, they are shit and too easy (got 1 question out of 120 wrong in a theory exam for it) but it will get you accreditation and insurance so they are worth it for that. I have an exercise science degree so did not need to do any more than that one bit.

Do you want to do one? And are you looking for a course?

May 24, 2010 at 11:16 am #8835

yes im looking for a cert 3 and cert 4 full time course to do later in the year in melb

May 24, 2010 at 11:43 am #8836

I would advise you to firstly train your ass off and learn movements, depending on where you live you can find a trainer who can really teach you how to perfect technique. Secondly go get some basic exercise physiology and anatomy books and learn the basics, there are also some good training books out there you can read. Thirdly learn about coaching, psychology and teaching others its half of the training equation. Now do not go to FIA etc they suck ass. http://www.beginfitness.edu.au/ Check out this place, they have good lecturers, one was my old exercise physiology lecturer (he was very good). You want a good institute with quality lecturers and this seems a good place. Depends on where you live though.

May 24, 2010 at 12:49 pm #8837

melbourne cbd

May 24, 2010 at 1:28 pm #8838

Well thats good then for that institution, you could also look at entering a TAFE course. My best advice is that after whatever course you do you try and find someone to work under who really knows their stuff. There are a lot of shit PT’s out there and a few good ones so they are hard to find but if you do some research and suck up to them you may get taken under their wing.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.