Next step for a hardgainer.

Home / Forums / Help, I’m New to the Iron Game / Next step for a hardgainer.

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

So i’ve gone about my business for 2 months now, gaining weight and i’m happy with my slow but good progress. Only now after eating like an animal and only doing weights I’m getting a belly and feel unfit.

I’m no where near my goal and will continue bulking but as a hardgainer should I be doing some cardio while bulking up? any ideas on something that will get my heart going but have little effect as possible on my bulking?

September 24, 2009 at 12:00 pm #8593

lots and lots of walking. Do it on your off days. This is only from personal experience, it works, keeps me as lean as possible during a bulk. Only reason I stopped doing it, coz I got lazy 😛

3 hours a week should suffice. Or just control when your eating your carbs. And don’t mix fatty foods with carbs either.

September 24, 2009 at 7:49 pm #8594

If your putting on fat you need to reduce your calories try 250 and then 500 if need be. It’s a good thing though it means your not ad much of a hardgainer a you thought, if you were you wouldn’t be putting on much fat in 2 months. Unbuff suggestion is good but I would go an hour a night or even through in some sprint sessions once or twice a week.

February 22, 2010 at 5:54 am #8595

Hi ryan66,
    You say you are eating like an animal, what you need to do is work out is your meal plan. do you use scales to weight your food?
    How many times a day do you eat?
    what ratios are you aiming for 40,40,20?
    What adjustments have you made to your food intake?
    What do you diffine as bulking , are you aiming for a comp or something?
    There is a lot more to it then just eating.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.