myopure protein – what to use and when

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / myopure protein – what to use and when

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

looking at stocking up with some more protein,

there are several varieties sold on the myopure website, I currently use just the HWPI post workout.

Im almost finished with GNC/PVL Whey Pro and looking for somethin I can use

a) as a supplment during the day, for some extra protein
    considering
    b) protein supplement in the morning
    c) protein before bed

For A and B I am considering Whey Protein Concentrate

For C I am considering Micellar WPC

January 2, 2008 at 11:08 am #5727

IMO, i dont bother with morning and bedtime protiens,

I just get WPC, and mix it with good fats or carbs to slow down digestion… and maybe sneek another one in at around 4am when i wake up for some cold water in this bloody heat.

PS: how did u go putting on your target LBM? is that still happening?

January 2, 2008 at 1:17 pm #5728

hey unbuff,

nah im skinny as ! 72/73kg .. all about the diet .. mostly into the dieting/weights for summer here’s a recent photo

so that’s 6’0 and 72.5kg

its the meal prep thats fkin me up, bodyfat is naturally low. just wanna get to high 70s and ill be happy, keeping the BF the same.

interested in comments on upper body development, lookin at the photos chest and traps seem relatively under developed

January 3, 2008 at 5:18 am #5729

You are skinny whuch is more the reason why you should concentrate on whole foods. I have now ditched my post workout shake (while cutting) in favour of BCAA’s. I only have a pre bed shake now of Micellar cassein, which may be also dropped.
    I know this is not what Dr J likes to hear but the less i rely on shakes the better the results I am getting. I use to be a 3-4 per day shake man then only 2 (post w/o and pre bed), and have dropped the p/w out as of yesterday.

January 3, 2008 at 6:14 am #5730

@StormTrooper wrote:

You are skinny whuch is more the reason why you should concentrate on whole foods. I have now ditched my post workout shake (while cutting) in favour of BCAA’s. I only have a pre bed shake now of Micellar cassein, which may be also dropped.
    I know this is not what Dr J likes to hear but the less i rely on shakes the better the results I am getting. I use to be a 3-4 per day shake man then only 2 (post w/o and pre bed), and have dropped the p/w out as of yesterday.

😡 😡

Seriously, though I think it very much depends on the individual.

If you can get the bodycomp that you want from wholefoods and nothing else then more power to you. However, although whey powders are a processed food it more a case of the bad stuff being taken out than milk losing some of it’s natural goodness.

Also some foods (like beans and eggs) need to processing for humans to get the most out of them. This is something we could debate ad nauseum but I count whey powder as a healthy protein food choice, along with fish, chicken, lean beef, eggs – variety counts for me.

Most skinny dudes are skinny because they don’t eat enough and I have some sympathy when they moan and groan about how hard it is to eat more.

The easiest way to test this out is with shakes. Protein and carbs in water just enough of each to boost calorie intake but not enough to make you feel to full.

Check out USCTrojan619 at t-nation. You’ve got a head start on this dude M22!

BTW: StormTrooper, I totally loose my appetite after BCAAs and they make me thirsty as …

January 3, 2008 at 7:24 am #5731

I wonder why they make you thirsty? I don’t feel any less hydrated.

January 3, 2008 at 7:35 am #5732

@StormTrooper wrote:

I wonder why they make you thirsty? I don’t feel any less hydrated.

It could be psychosomatic. My mix tastes salty to me.

January 3, 2008 at 11:30 am #5733

M22, u have to start eating more if u want to get bigger u know that, i think u can put on 5kgs of lbm, or even more while keeping ab definition, except dont expect to be so ripped as u are now when ur goal is met.

and maybe time for more volume to your routine, i cant remember it word for word, but i remember it being pretty simple.

good ripped body though, i bet u get plenty of looks at the beach 😆

January 4, 2008 at 3:37 am #5734

@unbuff wrote:

good ripped body though, i bet u get plenty of looks at the beach 😆

Would you like his phone number?

January 4, 2008 at 3:47 am #5735

In my opinion staying lean and putting on muscle mass should not be said in the same sentence. For me putting on muscle mass is all about eating almost as much protein and good carbs as possible and hitting the weights hard. Once I have the desired muscle then I add a little cardio to my routine and have an extremely strict diet. This usually shreds the fat pretty easily. I think if over a 3 month period, 2 months was spent bulking and 1 month ripping up would give better results than 3 months of trying to put on mass while staying lean.

January 4, 2008 at 5:57 am #5736

thanks for the replies…

I agree I think my diet isnt quite there yet, often too many hours go by without a good meal and i refuse to eat junk food. It mostly just boils down to meal prep as if I bother to make a plastic container full of rice/chicken/tuna/nuts for the day, I actually enjoy eating it and I find my body craves it quite a bit – when its available.

bought some WPC today from Dr J which will hopefully become my ‘standard’ protein. Seem like quality stuff, Dr J described it as ‘watered down milk’ not a bad description. Hope I can get used to the taste.

I think my training routine is good (dogcrapp), the supplements are good (flaxseed, WPC, multi-v, glutamine, vit-c), and im staying away from junk foods.

Just need to up the calories with whole foods

January 4, 2008 at 9:21 am #5737

^^^ dogcrapp training, how is that going for you? I went to his forum and Mr Crapp told me himself not to do his training, as he thinks i wasnt ready for the size/strength level i was at.

January 4, 2008 at 2:40 pm #5738

dogcrapp is mostly about doing same exercise every THIRD workout, so you may have three exercises per bodypart, and you just alternate between them, each time you go to the gym.

eg. chest – decline, incline and machine press

so instead of doing incline, incline, incline, you would alternative between the three listed above each time you go.

im enjoying it because you have more time to increase the weight on the same exercise, by the time you get back to say, incline barbell press, you should be stronger enough to increase the weight.

dogcrapp training also suggests a a single rest-pause set on most exercises.

January 5, 2008 at 12:23 am #5739

Yeah I know alot about it, I did alot of reading. I like the idea of it, it gives u every opportunity to get stronger i think

how long have u been doing it for now?

January 5, 2008 at 2:34 am #5740

not long, two months. I havent done that much research on it, I just like the idea of alternating exercises.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.