My shoulder is stuffed

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / My shoulder is stuffed

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

today was back/biceps.

i did my warmup for deads, and then completed both workout sets with new pb’s
    moved onto pullups, bodyweight + 12kgs, got to the 4th rep, then something pulled in my shoulder. where that bone pops out where no muscle grows on (between side and front delt) its a tugging pain. I have full movement still, it just hurts alot if i do a side raise, or a pullup. I couldnt finish my workout either, so i was realy pissed off.

could this be serious, coz im fretting

December 15, 2006 at 10:53 am #3565

I think we’re going to have to amputate ! 😈

Doesn’t sound too bad…I’m sure if it was anything serious you’d be in a lot of pain.

December 16, 2006 at 1:45 am #3566

If its a rotator cuff problem, then it will be around for a while. I would eat well getting enough protein, even extra, to help speed recovery, then test it lightly at the next work out.

RC problems cause pain even if you just raise your arm without weight, and can last for months. DA

December 16, 2006 at 2:21 am #3567

get well soon. 😯

December 16, 2006 at 3:07 am #3568

BLOODY HELL!!

its where the trap meets the shoulder, right on that bone area that pops outs

December 16, 2006 at 11:24 am #3569

Try doing a few supraspinatus pushups.
    Get on the floor and set yourself up like your about to do a push up, but instead of bending at the elbows,keep your arms straight and drop your chest so that you shoulder blades contract together.
    Dont be surprised to hear a pop and all to be well again!

December 16, 2006 at 11:44 pm #3570

Doesn’t sound too bad to me but test it very carefully.

Any sharp pain and you should see someone about it.

None of us look after our shoulders as we should – well I don’t.

Check out the Charles Staley arm workout at t-mag. He’s got some exercises there for maintaining shoulder health.

J

December 18, 2006 at 8:50 am #3571

Turns out i wasnt holding my shoulders back for pullups, and for any other exercise. I did a few pullups doing this and felt no pain, only untill i let my shoulder roll forward…

Didnt feel a pop andrew69, does it feel awkward when doing that? What is it meant to do? stretch?

It has improved quite abit, just when i stretch the shoulder forward along with the trap it hurts. Im having time off anyway, and then changing this stupid routine.

December 19, 2006 at 6:57 am #3572

“Turns out i wasnt holding my shoulders back for pullups, and for any other exercise.”

Yes, this is specially something to watch yourself for, chest up and shoulders back. This opens the gap that the arm and shoulder tendons lie in, and allows them free movement without pinching them. Also it generally is the correct position for overhead movements. DA

December 20, 2006 at 5:05 am #3573

I went to intense muscle and found this and have been doing this with some good results…

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=6997&page=1&pp=25

Ill be doing this everyday now, while supplementing on glucosamine, so this never happens again.

EDIT: Forgot to say the shoulder area is the worst bodypart for blood supply/circulation, and this exercise pumps alot of blood into that area without weighted resistence, wouldnt this be very beneficial if ur trying to heal?

December 20, 2006 at 5:49 am #3574

Yeah I’ve found that helps. Instead of broom stick or towel I use a band.

J

December 20, 2006 at 7:17 am #3575

yeah I use a towel, but after seeing my practioner, i cant do them but only use my arms for normal day use. Heres the low down

Got an average rotator cuff problem. From what he can tell it looks like a ligament strain. I have medicine to kickstart the healing process in the shoulder and it looks like I have to take off about 2 – 4weeks off TRAINING! I got given some cream to use aswell.

looks like im going to have a little holiday now, and im quite upset, and i cant even let it out coz of my shoulder! 😥

He said usuall shoulder injuries can take 6weeks to heal, though my shoulder doesnt look too serious just yet, but its still painful enough to just piss u off and let u know the injury is still there.

GUYS TAKE CARE OF UR SHOULDERS, TIME OFF IS REALLY CRAP!

December 20, 2006 at 11:04 pm #3576

Hey, anyone whos trained 4-5 years will have run into it (unless they are freaking perfect).

Look up this old T-Nation article, it helped fix my elbow forearm problem in half that time. DA
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459823

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.