My lats are f+++d

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi,

I just took a progress pic 2d and noticed that my lats are f+++d. They are so uneven i feel like i weight more on one sidee! Can anyone suggest some excersises to even them up?
    Also Ive got this problem where a proportion of fat is under my pec and coming around the sides of my chest where my lats are…this is my highest proportion of fat besides my belly…does everyone know what I mean? its really making everything look uneven. S

July 8, 2007 at 2:02 am #4573

i bet u took like 2-3 yearsa off or somewhere in the middle rright? thats why theres a bit of bf in there as well thats why it lo0oks so uneven – the thing is it cant be that uneven or the rest of you would be too—- so stop panicking + id bet you just worked out the day before or that dat and worked the other side more…. post up another pic

I know what you mean btw – there is fat right under your pecs giving them an usightly quality. There is also some fat on the sides under your arms kinda in line with ur nipples but on the sides…you prob have a higher amount of bf than u think. A mate had the same prob…not sure how he solved it

try-
    1 arm pull ups
    cleans
    1 arm shoulder press
    1 arm side raises
    rows to chest suplexed with shoulder press with low weight dumbells

u get the idea..

July 8, 2007 at 3:18 am #4574

lol u do not have to work any side more then the other, ive said this before in a previous thread about lats being uneven. My pecs were the same when i started.

just keep using barbells for every exercise u can use it on, and when it comes to back exercises like rows, cable rows etc, just concentrate on using ur weaker side more to pull the weight in.

your body will grow and even itself out, its be designed perfectly, and its not stupid.

July 8, 2007 at 3:33 am #4575

@swiz wrote:

Also Ive got this problem where a proportion of fat is under my pec and coming around the sides of my chest where my lats are…this is my highest proportion of fat besides my belly…does everyone know what I mean?

Try Googling Poliquin and biosignature. There’s quite a good article out there somewhere, can’t remember who it’s by (not Charles).

Otherwise track down a Poliquin certified trainer and get your biosig done.

July 8, 2007 at 4:43 am #4576

I had exactly the same thing. With the lat that is. I put it down to the fact that I could get more mind muscle connection from my right side due to me being right handed. I work in construction so I am forever picking heavy shit up with my favoured side. I personally balanced this by trying my best to become ambidextrous which I have almost acomplished.

July 9, 2007 at 3:04 am #4577

Golly, theyv’e all said every possible thing to try. Ah well take your pick swiz. DA

July 11, 2007 at 4:35 am #4578

Does anyone have a web address for the poloquin performance center?

July 11, 2007 at 9:23 am #4580

Try this.

Stand straight with your weight evenly placed between your feet and your hands relaxed just where they want to be.

Look at the angle of your hands in this position. Are they at the same angle to your body or is one turned back further than the other. i.e. is one palm rotated back more than the other.

One of mine is and it comes from my shoulders being different to each other. The left shoulder sits slightly more forward so the left arm rotates inward.

If this is the case then you now have one more thing to concentrate on when you’re training. Set the shoulders up correctly and the rest will take care of itself.

The bodyfat thing is not really an issue. Drop a couple of percent and it disappears. I think it looks normal anyway. It certainly isn’t wierd.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.