Musclenow

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Ok I said I was going to tell everyone about it, but just never got the time to get back to the net… (resting 🙂 )

Basically summed up its Progressive overload training, performed over a 6 week period. The 1st week is a deloading period of little sets and high reps, the next 2 weeks is upped sets with lower reps, then for 1 week u switch to even more sets, but this time with a higher volume, then the final 2 weeks is even more sets with lower reps. Im not going into detail about how many sets and reps exactly, as I dont know If thats illegal typing up shit from the book, but feel free to pm.

Im now almost done with my 2nd cycle (1 cycle = 6weeks). I started MN with 10 – 11%bf, and 14.60arms, 40 somthing inch chest. Bf is alittle more now, but I almost have 16″ arms and 42″ chest. Its fustrating not getting there yet, but i havent even completed my 2nd cycle yet.

Strength gains are as follows.

squats 115kg’s -> 138kgs
    DumBell bench 38kgs -> 45kgs
    Preacher curls 38kgs -> 45kgs
    military press 48kgs -> 60kgs

The real key to it all is the Diet. Its basically just choosing your daily bulking cals, which for me was 3500. Then selecting how many meals I would eat, 7 training and 6 non training. Then you have your Non workout meals, workout meals, and bedtime meals in specific ratuios of carbs and protien. These ratios are the real key I beleive.

Ok this might have stimulated some interest, so any questions or whinging im here.

August 7, 2006 at 9:32 am #2865

WOW, thats some real progress man, well done… im on a really similar program at the moment, a bodybuilder friend of mine wrote me it up so hopefully i can benefit from it the way you did!…

Basically its based on ramping the intensity up to the max gradually over a 9 week period, the first 3 being light weights and high reps… Then after the final high point you go back to the same high reps program to allow recovery, i only just started the middle 3 weeks today so gains are yet to appear but after reading this i am confident…

but yeah i reckon it looks to be a pretty damn good training method, again well done, your strength and size gains are impressive for 8 weeks.

how much weight did you manage to put on over this time?

August 7, 2006 at 10:30 pm #2866

Wow! 😮

Some people would kill (including themselves) to add an inch and half on their arms.

And to bench 45kg dumbbells for reps is pretty impressive as well.

J

August 8, 2006 at 7:51 am #2867

well gilbey its been 12 weeks now, just finished my 2nd cycle, but I have the choice to “extend” the big sets with low reps, except, I go for the more sets with higher reps, so the intensity is as high as it can possibly be. No idea on weight gilbey, but I hope im in the 80s. But I wont say for sure. I just moved out of home and dont own a pair of scales, Though I dont think weight is that important, only what the tape says and how big i look matters more to me.

Basically all 1 guy did was put this training method together with a diet, not what foods to eat, but guidelines when it came to protien to carb ratios for each meal etc, but you have to do both things properly to get the best gains.

and make that 140kg squats. I was typing up that post just before legs and managed to up it anutha couple of kilos failing at the proper reps, so thats a gain in strength.

I want to strongly suggest to EVERYONE, even advanced guys (who would benefit more then noobs) to buy the book musclenow.com. Even If you think you cant pack on more mass, or find u’ve plateaued for awhile. You will grow I promise. Im not trying to sell to book or anything just I know this works and you can measure urself everyweek and see gains.

Edit: also gilbey if you find gains minimal on your program, give us a hoy and Ill let u in on what I do and u will grow 😀

August 8, 2006 at 11:48 am #2868

thanks unbuff, ill keep that in mind… what i would do for a 140kg squat! i am only around beginner status, but ive always had tiny legs; my squat only allows me to push out around 50-60kg with good depth…

haha im too keen, what kind of tips are they? even if i do make good gains im gonna want to know haha???

and by beginner i mean im pretty small, im 18, bout 5’6 and 57kg, but 6 months ago i was only 49kg so, im making headway…

August 9, 2006 at 8:53 am #2869

on the MN forums a few noobs have made gains twice as better then me (eg; gaining 1/4 on the arms every week), some have gained strength so quickly that injuries set in that halts them. Come to think of it, I havent even been training for 2 years yet and my knees are starting to hurt and ache from the squats.

By tips i mean, associated with the training are different rest times, certain grips to use each set and not changing up the exercises given.

And if anyone is wondering how I went in the waist department I started with a 31″ waist, its know abit over 32″. I’ve worked out roughly that a 35″ waist on me is about 15 – 16%bf.

August 13, 2006 at 10:07 pm #2870

unbuff,

I tried to pm you but the notification to your email address bounced!

J

August 14, 2006 at 7:17 am #2871

@Dr J wrote:

unbuff,

I tried to pm you but the notification to your email address bounced!

J

PM sent 😉

August 14, 2006 at 8:21 am #2872

I wouldnt mind giving it a go, but its pretty pricey.
    Anyone care to sell a second hand copy 😀

August 14, 2006 at 11:50 am #2873

@Andrew69 wrote:

I wouldnt mind giving it a go, but its pretty pricey.
    Anyone care to sell a second hand copy 😀

I dont understand it when people will say the book is pricey but will (over time) spend 200 on supps, including protien powder.

The book will give you a shitload more gains than $200 worth of supps will give you.

Buying the book also allows access to the MN forums, which Ive found quite helpful.

August 15, 2006 at 6:19 am #2874

@unbuff wrote:

I dont understand it when people will say the book is pricey but will (over time) spend 200 on supps, including protien powder.

The book will give you a shitload more gains than $200 worth of supps will give you.

Buying the book also allows access to the MN forums, which Ive found quite helpful.

True, all very true.
    Except that other than protein for convenience, I dont use any supps 😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.