monitoring weight gain

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / monitoring weight gain

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

during a bulking phase, what do you reakon is a good number of kg to put on each week over an extended period. eg. 0.5kg/w over 10 weeks = 5kg

October 26, 2006 at 8:15 am #3351

This can actually depend on how well you have worked out your diet. I.E Maintenence, cutting and bulking adjustments, it can take a few years to really get on top of the fine tuning.

Someone said “If you workout hard and eat like a horse” you are bound to gain, but half of it will prob be fat, this makes 5kg only 2.5kg in actual muscle terms. DA

October 26, 2006 at 11:09 am #3352

right, so do you think there is a maximum amount of muscle hypertrophy that can occur over a period ? i heard 10kg over a 52 weeks is very good ! (200g/w) which if u can imagine 10kg of lean muscle, is actually … quite good indeed

October 26, 2006 at 12:05 pm #3353

Not sure how accurate this is but it might be helpfull.

http://www.trackyourdiet.com/articles/How-to-gain-lean-bodyweight-pt-1–calories-20.aspx

…you can expect to gain muscular bodyweight at a rate of 1/2 to 1 lb. per week, or slightly slower if you are female. If two weeks go by and you haven’t gained any weight, you’re doing something wrong; most likely, you’re not eating enough and you should increase your calories. After 3 – 4 months, the rate of muscle gain tends to slow down closer to 1/2 pound per week. Eventually, as you get closer and closer to your genetic limit for carrying muscle mass, the rate of muscle gain will slow down to 1/4 lb per week. Even at this rate, that’s still 13 pounds of solid muscle per year….

October 27, 2006 at 12:02 am #3354

When bulking or dieting I tend to go off the visual(mirror)for the first few weeks, then as it slows down then go to the calorie counting..seems to work for me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.