Milo with your Protein

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Milo with your Protein

• This topic has 13 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

As those who drink it probably know, DH 17 Ultra tastes pretty bad. Im not too much of a fan of the bland taste from the normal Isolates either. I am really trying to restrict my diet and wanted to ask, how un/healthy is milo?

To soften the taste (or actually tastes quite nice with the isolate) i mix my protein with milo. For the isolate i normally add about 1.5 heaped tablespoons and for the hydrolysed protein is usually about 2-2.5 heaped tablespoons. Should i really be looking to avoid milo? Or is this intake fine. My ultimate goal is a really low body fat % and while i’ll work towards fine tuning all my meals in time i wanted some opinions just how bad milo is.

I also had another question for maltodextrin and dextrose. I noticed alot of you guys are recommending taking this. I understand these are carbs? For someone who is trying to get cut while putting on lean muscle mass do i need these? If i want to really get cut i should be avoiding them no? In my opinion i get more than i need in carbs from my normal meals. Cereal/Cereal bars..rice, potatos?

Note i am still in decent condition, 182cm for about 77.5kg. The only real fat i have is around my waist and my theighs. You can still sortaaaaa see the outline of my abs?

March 5, 2008 at 8:50 pm #6043

Milo is fine.

If it’s a choice between potatos or cereal and dextrose/maltodextrin around workouts you’ll end up leaner going for dextrose/maltodextrin around workouts.

You just need to make sure that total carb intake hits whatever your optimal level is.

March 6, 2008 at 3:57 am #6044

I have used Milo for a number of years now, no arguments from me about it. I also switch to Sustagen so that I have a variable source of carbs over time.

Id rate it just as good as Milo as well. DA

March 6, 2008 at 5:55 am #6045

Why use Milo and add extra unessessary calories. Harden Up or use low cal sweetener like Splenda.

March 6, 2008 at 9:13 am #6046

Milo is fine. Look at the nutritional panel on the side of the tin and you can work out how much sugar etc that you are getting but I always say, “Sugar doesn’t kill people. People kill people.”

March 6, 2008 at 9:41 am #6047

I don’t want to sound like an asshole, but if you think your success will depend on whether or not you have some milo in your daily protein shake you need to simplify things.
    Don’t sweat the small stuff stay with the basics, train, eat and rest.

March 6, 2008 at 12:12 pm #6048

All valued responses, thank you.

In response to the last post, i had gotten an impression that cut people from the dozens of diets you see out there plan out every single calorie they take. I am not that technical so i am not going to start weighing my chicken and start calculating nutrient intakes in each meal. I am also not really prepared to eat 6 smaller meals rather than 3 big meals and start eating egg whites for my 2nd meal and ‘insert weight’ of chicken breast for 3rd meal etc..4th meal protein shake with a banana etc. I have my cereal for breakfast, as healthy a lunch as i can buy (with the exception of veges) and for dinner i will eat whatever my mum cooks (who is quite a health freak herself).

Back to the point i was trying to make, this precise planning people have led me to believe even the simplest of things like a can of coke, or adding more than usual amounts of milo (which without understanding the nutrient breakup) would give me an energy boost somehow. I figured it came from carbs or calories or something..

Anyway i will continue as i have then. I’ll pass on the sweetener and the hardening up part haha. Like i said the isolate tastes quite nice with milo.

March 7, 2008 at 6:10 am #6049

@Tasuke wrote:

pass on the sweetener and the hardening up part haha. Like i said the isolate tastes quite nice with milo.

Because your soft and only hear want you want to hear. Milo is for little boys.

SOFT

March 7, 2008 at 6:15 am #6050

Also Milo does not disolve in a regular shaker bottle, yet half a teaspoon of Splenda and you barely have to stir it and it sweetens it just fine.

SOFT

March 7, 2008 at 12:37 pm #6051

ive found splenda does give a plain old powders a nice sweet taste, love the toughen up and use an artificial sweetner line.

March 13, 2008 at 12:13 am #6052

Milo does dissolve in your shaker bottle if you are hard enough to shake it properly ST.

I’ve always wondered about the milo thing to but I tend to lay of anything sugary if I can help it. I don’t think you can go past staminade, powerade or even berocca.

March 19, 2008 at 3:29 am #6053

I reckon sustagen sport is pretty good value. Especially when your trying to load up on carbs!

March 26, 2008 at 5:38 am #6054

@kinmassive wrote:

Milo does dissolve in your shaker bottle if you are hard enough to shake it properly ST.

I’ve always wondered about the milo thing to but I tend to lay of anything sugary if I can help it. I don’t think you can go past staminade, powerade or even berocca.

Berocca LOL…

March 26, 2008 at 8:00 am #6055

C’mon! don’t you know berroca makes you b-b Bounce! ha ha. Good for vitamin B and gives the drink a little fizz. Don’t knock it til ya try it my friend. 😉

March 28, 2008 at 3:52 am #6056

mix your hydro whey with dex + malt + sugar free jelly Raspberry is the best

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.