Left shoulder bigger than right, right pec bigger than left!

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Left shoulder bigger than right, right pec bigger than left!

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Gents,

Ive been training on and off for about 2 years this problem is starting to bother me.

My left shoulder esp. the front of the shoulder and the very upper part of my pec is bigger then my right side. and vice versa my right pec is bigger then my left.

whenever i do my chest (Bench incl flat or decl, dumbell flyers… basically any chest exercise) i feel my left front shoulder burn crazy as if im working that muscle and not my chest. my right shoulder no problems.

Ive had people look at my form and everyone says its perfect the bar comes up straight equal no shakin or anything. im benching bout max 100-110kgs at the moment i even tried dropping like doing 70kgs but same problem my left starts to burn.

for this very reason i think me left shoulder is overdeloped and my left pec underdeveopled compared to my right..

can somone suggest anything?

i guess its not a huggggge difference but if u look sorta closely u can see i might post some pics up when i get a chance…

August 29, 2005 at 9:35 am #1467

hey

i have almost your same problem. except its more my back. my left lat is smaller then the right, and my left trap is bigger then the right.

this is becoz i started training with a crooked back, more my shoulder was out (dropped a cm or so) Its coming good now, but i wish i had realised this when i started, becoz i have to train each side more with uni-lateral workouts. its no biggie, more annoying then anything.

i switched to dumbell bench, if u keep correct form surely u can get an even “burn” throughout.

if id give any advice, it would be to see a chiropractor and see how str8 u are. u might not even see that ur back is out.

August 29, 2005 at 10:07 am #1468

yeh i think i mite need to see a chiro, because my form is perfect even with single dumbell press.

i use to play cricket alot, wait thats an understatement. i played school, club, rep and state whcih means 6 days a week and was a left hand bowler.
    maybe that has something to do with it?
    however i stopped playing bout 4 years ago and only took up weight training 1.5 years ago.. so i dont know…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.