lacking symmetry

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Any hints on how I can improve my upper body symmetry? As a right-hander my right arm and shoulder have awesome bulk but little definition.
    My left arm and shoulder are smaller but very defined.

I’ve tried very hard to keep all my weights even and I have similar strength on each side, but while my right bicep is long and fleshy (from my armpit to my inner elbow), my left bicep is more like a giant tennis ball.

March 20, 2008 at 9:41 pm #6122

Sounds like you have different insertion points for your biceps tendons which is a little weird but does happen. That means you would not be able to change it. Without seeing your arm though I could not properly be able to tell.

March 20, 2008 at 10:44 pm #6123

That’s cool mate just join a circus and make a profit from it 😆

But on a serious note, I don’t think it has anything to do with insertion points to be honest. I know when I first started both of my arms looked long and fleshy, but know after a few years of weights and particulary from more recent arm training the muscles have shortened and have become alot more muscular and defined, which looks really good to me.

I would imagine that you are exaggerating slightly on the appearance of each arm due to the fact that you will notice more than anyone else ever will. But I know what you mean with gaining a balance if you are one side dominant. I did a post up on this ages ago (?) and we all discussed ways to balance this up. In summary your best bet is to try and use your left arm more now in everyday life and throw another 1 or 2 reps on to your left arm exercises.

It takes a long time, but it will eventually balance out. 😉

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.