Just joined up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hey hey everyone i just joined this forum and also just started going to gym a few months ago but only couple times a week.
    Im gonna start going hard at it from now on as i wanna get bigger
    im around 80kg and 174ish cm tall at the moment.
    I will post my pics up soon as im abit chubby lol so it’ll get some critisism and push me hehe 😉

July 30, 2007 at 1:43 am #4628

why only a couple of times a week?

July 30, 2007 at 7:44 am #4629

coz i was bein a lil bitch
    lol
    im startin hard from now on
    i also got a question for supplements

1.what do i have b4 workout

2.during workout

3.after workout

i have protein/triublus/creatine/glucose powder/glucosamine powder (which has dexstrose/maltodrexin in it) /fishoil omega 3 tabs/multivitamin

where do these all go in the above 3 list? i just wanna make sure im having them at the right time. also if im missing out on anything essential?

cheers will

July 30, 2007 at 8:33 am #4630

hey there buddy

welcome

ive got some tips for you

1. research your diet. your sleeping habits and diet may have to redically change. its not as simple as loading up on the dextrose and trib etc.

2. find a good beginner program

3. work on your excersise form

4. try and find a workout partner if you can

5. keep your goals clear in your mind at all times…your muscles can hear you!

as per your post your not really sure about supplementation. heres a really good tip.

6. find a good supplement guy who will tell you what in each supplement and what they do – most supplement people are all about selling products but some are good try http://www.myopure.com.au. Thats dr J’s store and hes pretty cool.

7. In the beginning write everything down in a book … excersises hours you sleep , food everything.

July 30, 2007 at 11:26 pm #4631

You have 3 good supplements there in protein, creatine and fish oil.

Take your fish oil during the day with your meals (halve it if you want between an early meal and a late meal or take a little each meal of the day). I would recommend about 20gs or at least 10g a day.

Protein can be used pre and post workout (during if you dont have a problem doing that as some people dont like too). Take about 25g of protein with 30-45g of glucose in a shake before and after your workout (have half of the before shake and sip the rest through the workout if you have chosen that use during workout shakes).

Take about 5g of creatine post workout in your post workout shake.

Tribulus,glucosamine just follow their instructions (but i wouldnt waste my money on it in the future unless you got lots to waste).

Multi can be taken when ever just follow the instructions.

Now supplements arent the most important so you should really get what you eat and how you train down first, as they are.

July 31, 2007 at 12:32 am #4632

When you buy fish oil, make sure it does not come from Cod or you will get vitamin a poisoning.

Whatever fish oil you get make sure its tested for heavy metals.

Take about 10 capsules a day split them out though 2 with each meal.

Don’t go wild on the fish oil though it acts as a blood thinner, so if you get cut the potential is there for you to bleed for a long time as a result.

I like to use thompsons fish oil with orange oil it is wild salmon and it has been tested for heavy metals. Thompsons are from NZ.

Though salmon is not the best fish to get your omega’s from, as they are higher up the food chain.

if you can get things like sardine oil it would be the best though no doubt you will have to pay for it.

@dave wrote:

You have 3 good supplements there in protein, creatine and fish oil.

Take your fish oil during the day with your meals (halve it if you want between an early meal and a late meal or take a little each meal of the day). I would recommend about 20gs or at least 10g a day.

Protein can be used pre and post workout (during if you dont have a problem doing that as some people dont like too). Take about 25g of protein with 30-45g of glucose in a shake before and after your workout (have half of the before shake and sip the rest through the workout if you have chosen that use during workout shakes).

Take about 5g of creatine post workout in your post workout shake.

Tribulus,glucosamine just follow their instructions (but i wouldnt waste my money on it in the future unless you got lots to waste).

Multi can be taken when ever just follow the instructions.

Now supplements arent the most important so you should really get what you eat and how you train down first, as they are.

July 31, 2007 at 7:46 am #4633

ye the tribulous i dont feel doing anything to me i wont be getting them again im just using them up.
    the fishoil i checked all the labels first and they dont say shit i ended up getting “Enervite super fishoil omega 3 low reflux” coz it was made in australia and says mercury tested on it. it says take 6 a day. is 10 a day ok even if i have a can of tuna most days? the tabs are 1g each i think.

also when i first started i bought “universal animal pak” its like 44packs of 11tablets. i took them for a while and gave up as 5of those tabs r massive and was chokin me to swallow em lol. anyone else used them?

July 31, 2007 at 8:18 am #4634

Tribulus works for about 5% of people.
    I don’t know how old you are, but tribulus is an absolutely waste of money for males under 25 or so who have naturally high testosterone levels anyway. Although it’s a waste of money for probably almost anyone, anyway.

We actually once tested this with a mate, we even posted a video on youtube but it seems to have been taken down now and I don’t have it on this computer. It was in The Chaser’s ad road test style – we spotted an ad by a sports nutrition store that promised that their Tribulus would boost your testosterone levels by 200% if you took just 3 grams a day.
    We took 30 grams a day – 10 times what they suggested – and after two weeks my testosterone levels had gone up 4% and his had gone DOWN 5%.

Tribulus= a rip off.

Also, I’d be quite suspicious about the other one. Generally any sports supplements with “animal” in their name are rip offs. Anyway, try cordial to help with swallowing. Just pure cordial, not mixed with water.

July 31, 2007 at 11:02 am #4635

lol ye im 25
    the animal pak is a “multivitamin for bodybuilders”

August 1, 2007 at 1:58 am #4636

personally i have tried biotest gold. I believe it works i was so crazy horny when i was on the stuff.

It didnt translate into extra gym performance though.

August 1, 2007 at 4:10 am #4637

Animal Pak are great. I used it during my comp prep last year but it got to expensive to use all year round.

August 1, 2007 at 7:05 am #4638

trib works…for all people…its the dosage that may need changing. if you buy trib 10,000 try taking four pills 45 mins before working out with a small snack.

testosterone levels cant increase above normal levels LOL its not a prohormone…sometimes i wonder if people actually know what it does.

not a fan of the stuff though….uve got enough natural vroom if your 25

August 2, 2007 at 6:43 am #4639

Um

If Tribulus isn’t meant to be a testosterone booster, do you want to tell me what it actually is? A placebo?

August 2, 2007 at 7:34 am #4640

@Interpol wrote:

Um

If Tribulus isn’t meant to be a testosterone booster, do you want to tell me what it actually is? A placebo?

Yep placebo. I wouldn’t spend $5 on trib. I don’t care if it had 100% Saponins or whatever.

August 2, 2007 at 11:01 am #4641

Lets get back to ME 😀 hehe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.