Just got back.

Home / Forums / All the Goss / Just got back.

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Well if anyone has wondered why i haven’t been gracing the pages here for awhile it’s been because i have been out to the desert in SA for the last 4 weeks constructing a 160 man camp for Santos oil.

When i first got there I was blessed with one of the most awesome gyms I’ve seen considering the circumstances. There are fully equiped gyms, over a hundred grands worth of gear in fully airconditioned containers on each santos camp. They are really flogging home the whole health and fitness thing with balanced meals 4 – 5 times per day, trainers on site etc etc.

Heres a breakdown of what they have on each site fitness wise.
    – FULL free weight and cable gyms with dumbells up to 35kgs
    – treadmills and elipticals
    – cross trainers etc
    – basketball courts
    – squash courts
    – tennis courts
    – pool

The place is a wonderland for the single bloke into health, fitness and money.

Unfortunately I was only fortunate enough to stay at one of the base camps for a couple of days. I left sore let me tell you 😆 [/b]

December 20, 2007 at 12:43 pm #5663

wow thats awesome

December 20, 2007 at 9:30 pm #5664

Just don’t tell me the dumbbells went up in 1kgs 👿

December 21, 2007 at 3:08 am #5665

No they had those adjustable ones that went from 5 – 25 and another from 10? – 40?? I didn’t actually use them as they had plates and dumbells so I set my own to whatever I needed.

December 21, 2007 at 3:12 am #5666

@unbuff wrote:

wow thats awesome

My crew had to stop over in Adelaide on their way back to to Brissie as they flew back from Ballerah. You may know the area mate. We were around the oilfields at Moomba and Jackson?

I might have a look at adelaide next time I fly out. I will ask you closer to the time about things to have a geez at.

December 21, 2007 at 4:18 am #5667

yeah no worries.

let me know how long ur going to stay and ill tell u things worthwhile doing

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.