Jumping in a sauna or steamer for 10 min after workout?

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / Jumping in a sauna or steamer for 10 min after workout?

  • This topic is empty.
  • Author
    Posts
  • March 27, 2008 at 7:13 am #953

    Jumping in a sauna or steamer for 10 min after workout.

    GOOD or BAD?

    March 27, 2008 at 8:55 am #6127

    Only if there’s hot chicks with bikini’s in there. 😛

    March 27, 2008 at 9:35 am #6128

    ill accompany u swiz with some wingman support if thats the case..oh post shake first..

    March 27, 2008 at 8:41 pm #6129

    @swiz wrote:

    Jumping in a sauna or steamer for 10 min after workout.

    GOOD or BAD?

    I’m guessing BAD as cooling aids recovery.

    Still I can see now there might be reasons to charge on in regardless. 😀

    March 28, 2008 at 2:36 am #6130

    @Dr J wrote:

    @swiz wrote:

    Jumping in a sauna or steamer for 10 min after workout.

    GOOD or BAD?

    I’m guessing BAD as cooling aids recovery.

    on a more serious note i did read somewhere that a cold shower after a workout aids recovery.

    March 28, 2008 at 3:51 am #6131

    BAD

    most people do not drink enough liquid to rehydrate as it is, jumping into a sauna will make you sweat more and lose even more water not a good thing

    March 28, 2008 at 4:45 am #6132

    When cutting for a show I’d say good. If doing for other reasons then I don’t know. Big Jay is reknown for doing it pre contest.

    March 28, 2008 at 10:38 pm #6133

    @unbuff wrote:

    @Dr J wrote:

    @swiz wrote:

    Jumping in a sauna or steamer for 10 min after workout.

    GOOD or BAD?

    I’m guessing BAD as cooling aids recovery.

    on a more serious note i did read somewhere that a cold shower after a workout aids recovery.

    And contrast showers work better, I think it’s a minute or so hot alternated with a minute or so cold.

    Which makes me think that maybe a sauna could help if alternated in short intervals with a dip in one of those icy cold plunge pools. Problem is I can only remember coming across one in Sydney at a gym near Cleveland St and that was a long time ago.

  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.