How Much can you all lift?

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / How Much can you all lift?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 193 total)
  • Author

Home gyms can’t be beat..

November 17, 2007 at 11:29 pm #5001

@unbuff wrote:

@DanOz wrote:

The closest gym to me is a 50km round trip – I’ve always trained at home anyway. Not many gyms open at the hours I used to train anyway, got to love shift work.

25kms TO the gym? frick, where roughly do u live

kudos for home gym training, if u got the equipment its the best environment to train in I say.

Come on unbuff. We can’t all live in the suburbs. Someone has to grow that meat that you are living on. My closest gym is a 700 km round trip.

Not sure that I agree that home training is the best though. I always train much better in a proper gym than I do at home. Something to do with better focus and other people training and plenty of girls so I can relax my mind between sets.

November 18, 2007 at 2:44 am #5002

pfft gurls

November 18, 2007 at 2:56 am #5003

My closest gym is 6 mins round trip and I still prefer to train at home.

November 18, 2007 at 8:23 am #5004

Where I live is considered semi-rural, an old mining town, but I must say, I’d still train at home no matter what, just what I am used to now. I love that I just walk outside to the gym, its never closed, I don’t wait on equipment, parking is no problem, & its off limits to the Mrs & kids πŸ˜€

November 19, 2007 at 12:34 am #5005

I suppose I should have mentioned before that i have a leg press at home – was able to pick one up 2nd hand for next to nothing many years ago, so this was what my leg training was restricted to (aside from stiff leg deads etc) before I got the cage. I don’t see the point in posting leg press numbers however.

Last squat day 115kg-5, adding 5kg to the bar every week at the moment for as long as my form stays good squatting deep.

December 1, 2007 at 11:10 am #5006

@StormTrooper wrote:

That’s funny man after hassling me for trying to sell my equipment… actually many guys on here seem to be training at home.

Anyways… my best lifts, all max singles:
    deadlift 240kg, in a comp
    squat 200kg, with knee wraps though, best without wraps is 192.5kg
    bench 140kg
    military press 92.5kg

Been stuck at around these levels for a while… I keep switching to conditioning type training in an effort to lean out (I weight 99kg, but should really get down to 90 or so), but then I get sick of lifting light weights and seeing my strength go down and switch back to heavy training πŸ˜‰

December 1, 2007 at 1:01 pm #5007

hes bigger then u stormtrooper time to submit and admit defeat

December 2, 2007 at 3:31 am #5008

@mcham wrote:

@StormTrooper wrote:

That’s funny man after hassling me for trying to sell my equipment… actually many guys on here seem to be training at home.

Anyways… my best lifts, all max singles:
    deadlift 240kg, in a comp
    squat 200kg, with knee wraps though, best without wraps is 192.5kg
    bench 140kg
    military press 92.5kg

Been stuck at around these levels for a while… I keep switching to conditioning type training in an effort to lean out (I weight 99kg, but should really get down to 90 or so), but then I get sick of lifting light weights and seeing my strength go down and switch back to heavy training πŸ˜‰

LOL. I’m not dissing your eqipment, I’m sure it’s great, my point was you have never posted..ah f*ck it, who cares…

Anyhow, I do prefer to train at home for the sake of convenience andI don’t have to put up with morons at the gym who sit on benches texting there mates about which niteclub they are going to after their workout.
    Also i like to train in my undies πŸ˜†

December 2, 2007 at 4:06 am #5009

@StormTrooper wrote:

Why the hell didnt i think of that… been sweating my arse off in my trackies… thanks ST

December 2, 2007 at 8:08 pm #5010

@StormTrooper wrote:

Almost a classical greek gymnasium πŸ™‚

December 3, 2007 at 6:41 am #5011

@Dr J wrote:

@StormTrooper wrote:

Almost a classical greek gymnasium πŸ™‚

Italian the same??

December 3, 2007 at 7:17 am #5012

No. I think the Romans had the good sense to at least train in undies πŸ˜†

December 3, 2007 at 11:02 am #5013

@Dr J wrote:

No. I think the Romans had the good sense to at least train in undies πŸ˜†

Ah touche’ πŸ˜†

December 4, 2007 at 3:42 am #5014

Finally hit the 100kg on bench hehe. Could only do it 3 times though πŸ™

Hoping to hit 100 on all other big lifts by Xmas πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 193 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.