How many days is decent to do bodybuilding?

Home / Forums / Help, I’m New to the Iron Game / How many days is decent to do bodybuilding?

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hey guys,
    I’ve been going to the gym for 2 months and a bit now, lost 2 kgs never been to the gym before in my life as consistent like now, lost weight even though i’ve been eating my regular meals.. i’m 20 now. I’ve got myself a weekly personal trainer, but feel i’m not progressing fast enough, i want to ask how long have you guys been going to the gym to build muscles? should i be taking nutrition for faster results? i want to lose weight because im a bit overweight but at the same time i also like to build some muscles. I go to the gym 3 days a week, for a 60-90min each session, also do a session of boxing. What is the fastest way to build muscle or should i follow my personal trainers words and do as he says (he recommended no bodybuilding nutrition, as i dont go to the gym at least 5 times a week to do such thing)… isnt 2 months enough time to produce some kind of result in building muscle? or does it take at least a year? i do feel better physically but no muscles

May 30, 2006 at 9:23 pm #2676

Can you give more details?

What sort of routine are you following?

What do you mean by ‘bodybuilding nutrition’? What is your current diet?

Do you have protein and carbs immediately after training?

Losing fat and building muscle at the same time is not easy although if anyone can do it, a newbie should.

May 31, 2006 at 4:35 am #2677

it can take over 2 months to see noticeable muscle size gains from training and that depends on how and how much you train.

June 16, 2006 at 4:53 am #2678

Ahh the age old question! 😆 If it took two months to get muscular could you imagine the size some people could achieve. You say that you are feeling better, well that’s what you get for two months training. Your self esteem is the first thing to improve followed closely by strength, then size usually. Be patient at this stage and the physical benifits will come. With your diet, you know what to eat and what not to so stick to that at this stage. 😀

January 22, 2010 at 4:58 am #2679

no bodybuilding nutrition hhmmmm weird,you can easily c a change in 2 months but it all depends on how consistent you r with ur training and your diet and 3 times a week is plenty if you r pressed for time other days Dorian Yates won 6 Olympia titles training 3 times a week,so keep up the intensity,consistency follow a good nutritious diet and u’ll notice results.

January 22, 2010 at 5:32 am #2680

ditch the PT, waste of money

January 22, 2010 at 12:10 pm #2681

@unbuff wrote:

ditch the PT, waste of money

Agreed!

February 22, 2010 at 6:13 am #2682

For one thing get yourself a new personal trainer. the one you have sounds like crap.
    How fat are you, it is body fat % and you will lose as you gain the more muscle you have the more energy you need. this does not mean that you have to eat more and more just small and more often. Balance you food , weight it adjust it as you go.
    You need to eat clean and look at foods that have slow metabolic take up like your rolled oats and so on.
    Are you training for size and strength or to run a marathon?
    Was you loss of 2kg fat?
    How hard to you train is it to failure?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.