How does this sound/look?

Home / Forums / Weight Training & Conditioning / How does this sound/look?

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi guys,

This is my training regime, any advice whether it’s good or not? Any tips, anything at all you would like to contribute please feel free.

Monday – Shoulders & Tricepts
    Tuesday – Cardio
    Wednesday – Lats/Back
    Thursday – Cardio
    Friday – Chest & Bicepts
    Saturday – Legs (everything leg releated)
    Sunday – Rest

3 sets by a max of 15 reps, minimum 10 (heavy)

Diet consists of Low fat, Low carbs, High carbs (low GI) after workout only and of course high protein.

Drinking roughly 5-6litres of water a day and on sunday treat myself to a few cans of diet cola (max 4) and maybe a kit kat.

I also wanted to ask where I can get kangaroo meat…

November 13, 2005 at 10:07 am #1867

I like the couple of day gap between legs and back so you can go heavy on both squats and deadlifts without trouble.

If your goal is growth then I would suggest lower reps (6to10) and not necessarily low fat diet either but then I tend to assume that everyone wants to get big.

I quite like the approach, it is not that different to my own really except possibly for diet and maybe cardio. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do on the cardio front yet.

Don’t be shy about treating yourself properly if you want to either. Maybe it is not an issue but an odd cheat won’t do you any harm.

November 13, 2005 at 10:09 am #1868

another day of leg work would be good, trying varying your rep ranges using 6-8, 3-5 reps etc. Stick to heavy compound exercises and since you seem new single(like dumbell presses and lunges) limb exercises will help. After training try high gi carbs you want high insulin to push nutrients into the cells to recover faster low gi doesnt do this. Low fat isnt always the best option get some mixed nuts in there and some fish oil even some eggs at a meal isnt bad. and shit thats a lot of water. Sorry about the crappy reply i am kinda in the middle of studying for an exam. if you want any explanations post it up me or someone else will explain.

November 13, 2005 at 11:27 pm #1869

@Psicosis wrote:

I also wanted to ask where I can get kangaroo meat…

Last time I was in Coles Supermarket, I noticed they had Kangaroo on their meat shelves. DA

November 14, 2005 at 2:30 am #1870

Thanks guys I really appreciate you all taking out your time to answer my questions.

November 14, 2005 at 6:53 am #1871

Hey psicosis,

If you are looking for growth, You cant go past 5×5 routines such as Bill starrs, using the 3 days a week platform of Heavy day, light day and medium day,they dont provide much variety, but if you love watching yourself get stronger on some basic lifts and bigger, its a great routine.

I also think you cant go wrong with periods of 20 rep squatting and/or deadlifting programs, there great fun, and really do create strength as well as size if thats important to you aswell.

Duncan

November 14, 2005 at 10:09 am #1872

^^^

If you want to get bigger, you must get stronger – Mike Mentzer

😉

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.