HIT Rotines

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can find some information on some good HIT routines?

June 26, 2007 at 4:45 am #4514

You can’t go past 8×8’s in my opinion. Read the link in A Life Of Iron.

June 27, 2007 at 6:30 am #4515

8×8 is not HIT, thats HVT

December 12, 2007 at 10:56 am #4516

do you mean HIIT(High Intensity Interval Training)??

If so u can do something like this:

Beginners: start with a ration of 3:1, that is sprint/cycle watever for 30 seconds as hard as you can followed by a jog etc for 90 seconds, then repeat this 4 times. After 3 sessions increase this to 5 times until you get to a total of 15 repetions, then lower your ratio to 2:1, and start over, then eventually to 1:1

Intermediate athletes can start with a 2:1 ratio using the same routine

As for the advanced trainee then he/she probably already knows about this.

Remember! dont do this more than 3 times a week since it is very intense and puts a great strain on you central nervous system, however the benefits are much more noticable than steady state cardio.

Good luck with your training πŸ™‚

December 12, 2007 at 12:48 pm #4517

he means HIT as in HIT.

primarily strength training, usually 1 or 2 sets per exercise, short workouts, low reps and well spaced training days

December 12, 2007 at 8:07 pm #4518

There’s some HIT articles on T-mag – look for articles with Ellington Darden as the author

Also do a seach on DogCrapp training, which is a great HIT variation that a lot guys seem to do well on (not sure if they would call it a HIT variant, but it is A/B routine, one working set, with overload techniques thrown in… which is pretty HIT-ey to me).

Dont really agree with your def on HIT unbuff… original HIT stuff was reasonably high frequency actually – e.g. A/B routines rotated through 3 training days a week. And is very much focused on mass building. Not really low reps either… though this may depend on what you think low reps is… most HIT stuff sits in th 8-15 type range, which I dont think is low πŸ™‚

December 13, 2007 at 6:07 am #4519

If you read with what i wrote i said “usually”. I could dig up 10 HIT routines that have low rep ranges.

If you’ve read any of my posts you’ll know i did HIT training a few months ago and most of that was in the range of 5 – 7reps

Mike Mentzer avid preacher of HIT had some exercises performed in the 3 – 5rep zone

December 13, 2007 at 6:23 am #4520

Sure, no worries… and notice I said “most” πŸ™‚

December 13, 2007 at 1:14 pm #4521

@mcham wrote:

Sure, no worries… and notice I said “most” πŸ™‚

i never disagreed with your HIT variants

December 13, 2007 at 8:09 pm #4522

You guys are funny.

Who the fuck cares?

Just find a program and do it 😈

December 13, 2007 at 10:16 pm #4523

And if it don’t work – dump it for a new one. I did it for years and years, until I got stable over what worked & what doesn’t – for me. DA

December 14, 2007 at 2:27 am #4524

There are so many variations and different routines with fancy names.. BUT there is no super Magic routine better then the rest.

I Agree with Derek just find something that works for you.
    You have to mix it up a bit every few months anyways so you will work out which ones are good for you.

Just keep a training Log if you arent allready and mark down what you have had improvements doing.

I have a training log on a different website that i use – works well.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.