High vs low rep

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi folks I’m just wondering how you all differeniate(if at all) between muscles within different body parts when it comes to exercise variation.

Let’s take shoulders for example. I have found that for Anterior Deltoid development I get the best results with low rep ie high weight in the 6-8 rep range, whereas for lateral and posterior deltoids I get the best results using high rep ie 12 + at lower weight but maintaining high intensity.

I have tried doing high weight/low rep for lateral and posterior muscles but just don’t get the same results and actually loose muscle size rather than gain.
    I did read somewhere that the Lateral and Posterior deltoids had a high component of fast twitch muscle fibers and thus those muscle will grow bigger if you utilise exercises designed to stimulate the growth of fast twitch fibers, ie. high rep

Well I don’t know, but it sure works for me.

May 31, 2007 at 10:21 am #4445

if you are seeing results from high repa, wh amI to tell you to use low reps like me?

May 31, 2007 at 1:33 pm #4446

ST, it is only specific muscles that react better to high rep and I was wondering if anybody else may have had similar results.

May 31, 2007 at 4:34 pm #4447

think basic…what r u trying to achieve with the muscle?

if u achieve it on 5 reps with 5 sets then aawesome

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.