Hi guys , first forum.

Home / Forums / Help, I’m New to the Iron Game / Hi guys , first forum.

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi guys ,would you believe this is not only the first forum I have ever joined but the first I have ever looked at .Since finding it a couple of days ago I have been absolutly hooked .I’ve been reading everything ,even if it was posted 2 years ago ,It’s all new to me .I’ve been going to bed with sorer eyes than pec’s. (I not sure if thats such a good thing ?)
    Im a 39yr old married father of 4 and a shiftworker.I started weight training at 28, but after about 3yrs my training partner and work mate moved .I lost motivation and fell off the rails .I spent the next few years drinking beer and getting fat .Being a shiftworker made it hard to find a new training partner so I went back to the gym on my own ,but it never really felt right and I lost interest .One look in the mirror and I knew I had to do something .So I took up jogging .I would strap on the mp3 and hrm and away I would go.I got really fit and lost weight I even did the city to surf and syd bridge run .Until the inevertable injury came (torn hamie) that never seemed to get better ,regaurdless of how much phisyo I had .I was back on the side lines drinking beer again until a new bloke started work on my shift ,who was keen to hit the gym and pump iron .I had a good training partner for 12 months until his passion for motor bikes ended his life too soon 😥 😥 .Again I retreated to beer and take aways.
    Which brings me to now .I have been happily training in my garage/home gym (hence the name Homie) for nearly a year now and find it suits me .It’s easy to fit in around irregular shifts and family comittments .I just crank the stereo and go hard.
    I’ve got plenty of questions but I think I have dribbled on for long enough for today.

November 14, 2007 at 11:49 am #5519

damn, i just got my bike license 3months ago and a bike, sorry about your mate
    Well you’ll find plenty of help here. Ive been here since I started training and all is good.
    Just fire away with your routine and diet and the guys here will sort you out.
    Nothing is irregular for bodybuilding, staying consistent is the key.

November 15, 2007 at 1:19 am #5520

Welcome mate.

The old beer and take aways, add some ciggies in there and I know where your coming from I can tell you ha ha. It is a constant struggle for me to stay clean as well, but I just keep thinking about how I feel if I do slip and that usually helps…alot. 😉

November 15, 2007 at 10:08 am #5521

Thanks for the welcome ,I can’t wait to pick your brains and get some honest answers from guys in the know.Instead of relying on magazines full of sponsored articles. (hope I post them in the right place)

November 15, 2007 at 10:24 am #5522

Just post anywhere, if it’s in the wrong place..so be it.

November 20, 2007 at 10:57 pm #5523

welcome

Good Luck with it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.