Help please…

Home / Forums / Girl Talk / Help please…

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Can someone please give an idea as too what a beginners females program looks like. It’s for my lady, she’s never worked out, and wants to tone up a bit.
    Any help would be great.

March 7, 2006 at 1:36 pm #2421

They look remarkably like a beginner males program. Think about it Juiced, she’s not that different and she wants to do the same thing anyone else does. Put her on a basic full body program about 3 days a week for a few months and teach her why she is doing something rather than just how to do it.

Get her to eat more often and smaller meals if you can.

Make certain to reassure her that it is not possible to wake up looking like Arnie by mistake and then train her hard. Explain that she has to build some muscle to create the shape and then shed some bodyfat to show it off. The extra muscle will help her burn additional calories even while she watches Oprah.

Those three issues should be spelled out to every female beginner but they almost never are.

March 7, 2006 at 8:39 pm #2422

I’ll add two additional comments.

1) In the end they’ve got to enjoy the program so it’s worth making adjustments, you might not otherwise make, to accomodate that.

2) Everytime she mentions ‘muscle tone’ scrub her mouth out with soap. Okay, I’m kidding but muscle tone is the most miss-used and misunderstood concept. Strictly speaking you can increase muscle tone (ie so muscles are partially activated even at rest) and the way to do it is with heavy lifting. Otherwise, most people are just refering to fat loss when they talk about increasing muscle tone.

J

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.