Guidance with Diet and Supplements

Home / Forums / Diet and Nutrition / Guidance with Diet and Supplements

• This topic is empty.
  • Author

Hi guys, Firstly thanks for the great forum ๐Ÿ˜€

Aims: To get lean muscle and strength for my sports.
    Height and weight: 194cm 6’4 and 105kg
    Sports played : Basketball and Aussie Rules
    Weight Training : 3 days
    Cardio tarining : 2-3 days

My Current Diet (It needs work i Know!)
    Breakfast: Cereal with Fruit
    M Tea: Fruits / Museli Bars
    Lunch : Noodles or Pasta or Sandwich with meats
    A tea : Tuna and fatty snack eg shapes/chips
    dinner: Wateva mum cooks , Always get meats and vegeatables

On a working out day i have a 2 Protein and 2 Creatine shakes .

History: I started at the gym last year weighting 94 kgs looking to hit the 100k mark. I started for pre season footy to gain size and weight to be strong enough to play again stronger body in Key footy postitions. During the Start of the footy season i started working and with footy/bball training i missed out on alot of gym sessions and started to eat alot of JunK food. I started working in a shift environment too and im sitting down looking at a PC which makes it hard to eat properly ๐Ÿ˜ณ !

I have a athlete build with generic big legs (calves and thigh) but i want increase upper body size/strenght and slim down on the waist abit .

Mods needs : I think i need a little help on the diet front and supplements! So should i take creatine/protein aswell when i play basketball or footy? Should this be included into my diet daily. Is glutamine a good think for me to include into my supplement list.

Thanks all for the help and patience reading this!
    All comments welcomed!

September 30, 2006 at 9:57 am #3217

can anyone help me?

September 30, 2006 at 12:12 pm #3218

Im pretty new to this game too, but i will try and help out…

firstly you would wanna make sure your getting some kind of protein pretty constantly throughout the day, your meals at the moment dont look too bad; obviously fatty snack maybe should be replaced with maybe putting the tuna in a sandwich or something like that?

if possible more meals is better than less, up to 7 even.

I find protein a great supplement to help you fit in the calories you want, if making proper meals is a problem… of course you shouldnt rely on them though, post workout nutrition is the absolute most important nutrition time… eat eat eat

Creatine is great for strength and size i have found good results, and cycling glutamine and creatine at the same time is really good, for me… just make sure you cycle them properly, check out the creatine forums… I even cycle my protein supplements just cause i believe your body will become less affected by them if you use them too constantly…

This is the best i can do, im sure some more experienced forum ppl will be here soon with even better advice haha, good luck.

October 1, 2006 at 5:29 am #3219

thanks Gilbey, i think ill try cycling glutamine and creatine! I got a 1kg bag and need to use it up before it’s use by date! ill have to get some glutamine of Dr J.

October 1, 2006 at 11:54 pm #3220

Yip, looks like you could add protein to the meals you have early in the day.

What cereal do you have for breakfast?

Be careful how you answer, I’m the oats nazi!

Fatty snacks have to go but there’s nothing wrong with healthy snacks like nuts as long as you don’t over do ’em.

October 3, 2006 at 2:23 pm #3221

I was going to say Weet Bixs “because Brett Lee says SO” LOL

i have like Nutri gran, sultana grain or Eggs for breakie

ill add a WPC shake at morning tea aswell!

Thanks Doc

October 3, 2006 at 10:53 pm #3222

I thought as much ๐Ÿ™‚

Just for the record – High GI is defined as 70 or greater.

Weetbix – GI = 69
    Nutrigrain – GI = 66
    Both moderate GI but at the high end

Sultana Bran – GI = 73
    High GI great for post workout but not for brekkie

Rolled Oats GI = 42
    Low GI and the king of breakfast cereals

The Oats Nazi ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

October 11, 2006 at 6:51 am #3223

that some good info right there dr j, weet bix claim their gi pretty well even though its “just” under high gi haha…

im an oats man now thanks to you j… and a green tea guy too haha you got any more tips on what food to eat and when and stuff?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.